Ph.D. Dissertation Guidelines
- The GSAS Guidelines for Dissertation Submission and Publication 2012-13 contains formatting guidelines and information on submitting your Ph.D. dissertation for publication.
- UMI/ProQuest publication guides and deposit instructions are here.
- UMI/Proquest 'Frequently Asked Questions Page' is available here.
- Open Access vs. Traditional Publishing
- Electronic Submission site
- UMI/Proquest submission guidelines are here. Username: dissertations / Password: publish Download guides 1-6.
- Dissertation Examining Committee Form
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (required for degree completion)
- Templates for Prefatory Materials
- Survey Information
- GSAS Ph.D. Exit Survey
- LaTex Manual
Please note: Page numbers should be centered and the bottom of the page.
- LaTeX dtx file
- LaTeX ins file
- LaTeX cls file
- brandeis-dissertation.tar.gz: for Unix (includes some support files)