Meet with us
Current GSAS Students: Schedule a one-on-one individual meeting with a career advisor in-person, over the phone, or via Skype.
· Log into Handshake
· Select "Schedule A New Appointment."
GSAS Alumni: You have lifetime support of GSAS Center for Career & Professional Development. For an appointment in-person, over the phone, or via Skype contact our office at 781-736-3402.
Contact us to discuss your recruiting needs;
See our graduate programs.
Prepare Your Applications
Crafting Your Resume
For non-academic jobs, you will need to create a resume that is appropriate for the position and field to which you are applying. Here are some resources and samples:
- Brandeis Resume Writing Guide (PDF)
- Helpful action verbs (PDF)
- Transferable skills for Ph.D. students (PDF)
- Resume checklist (PDF)
- How to write a summary of qualifications (PDF)
- How to include academic projects on a resume (PDF)
- Samples (PDFs): basic resume, biology resume, computer science resume, computational linguistics resume
Need more resume help? Watch our Resume Writing Guide Workshop.
Creating a Curriculum Vitae
CVs are needed to apply for academic positions. A CV is a thorough account of your academic, research, teaching, and presentation history. Your CV should be reviewed by Career Services and your departmental advisor to ensure it is tailored specifically to your field.
Creating a Winning Cover Letter
A cover letter goes hand in hand with your resume, provides an introduction to who you are, and describes why you are a good fit for the open position. Here are some resources and samples: