Workshops, Webinars, and Events
Attend a workshop or take 10 minutes to view a webinar or video in a specific content area to help you through the career development and/or job search process.
Check the "announcements" and "Calendar" in GradHIRE for specific dates and times as well as links to video content such as interviewing skills, networking techniques, dress for success, and more.
Write a CV, resume and other job search documents
- Resume Writing for Graduate Students
- Resume examples (coming soon)
- CV Writing for Graduate Students
- CV examples (coming soon)
- Cover Letters
Employers will have slightly different expectations from graduate students than from students having just completed their undergraduate education. Employers want to hear how your research or experiences can immediately benefit their company, organization, or university. They will likely want to discuss your field and will ask questions that are specific to your leadership style.
- Preparing for the interview:
- Sample Non-Academic Interview Questions
- Sample Academic Interview Questions
- Mock Interview - Contact Career Services to arrange for a mock interview to practice your interviewing skills at any stage in the process.
- And remember to always Dress for Success.