Rehearsals are held on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the Slosberg Music Center.
|Thurs., August 27
||Placement Auditions 6-9 p.m.|
|September 8||6:30-9:00 p.m.|
|October 25 (Sunday)
Fall Fest 1:00 p.m.
|November 3||6:30-9:00 p.m.|
|November 10||Dress Rehearsal 6:30-9:00 p.m.|
|November 15 (Sunday)||Sound Check 2:00 p.m. Concert 3:00|
||Dress Rehearsal 6:30-9:00 p.m.|
- Men: Tuxedo, black bow tie, white long-sleeve shirt, black socks and black dress shoes.
- Women: Black dress or long black skirt/pants with either black or white blouse and dress shoes.
- Be prepared to begin on time. Arrive early enough so you can be on stage, warmed up and ready to tune at the beginning of rehearsal.
- Please have a pencil with you at all times.
Care of Music
- Members sign out all music at the beginning of each semester and hand in the folder with all music at the end of the concert.
- At least $10 will be charged per part for the replacement of any music signed out to you that is damaged or lost. Please note that replacing one part may require buying a whole set.
Rehearsal Schedule and Online Calendar
- Music for the following week’s rehearsal will be posted following every rehearsal.
- All members are responsible for checking the online calendar before purchasing airline tickets or making other travel arrangements.
- All questions/notifications regarding attendance/absence should be made in writing and directed to the conductor. In an emergency, you may leave messages at (781) 736-3328 or (508) 479-3710.
- Anyone not on stage ready to play before the tuning note is sounded is deemed late.
- Two unexcused latenesses = one unexcused absence.
- Two unexcused absences = ineligibility to play the concert.
- Ineligibility to perform = no credit.
- Unexcused absences are not permitted the week of the concert.
- All matters regarding attendance or lateness are covered under the academic honesty requirements of the institution.
- A grade will be derived based on factors such as class participation, performance ability and especially attendance.
Resolving Class Conflicts
- Chemistry labs and study groups for other classes often conflict with ensemble rehearsals. In most cases, it is possible to transfer to a different section whose labs meet at a different time.
- At the beginning of each semester, check the exam schedule for your classes and notify the personnel manager/ director of potential conflicts. (Exact exam dates may not be available from your professor until later in the semester.)
- The music department will contact the professor to see if a make-up can be scheduled for you.
Advanced Notification of Absence/Lateness
- Send a written request to the director at least 10 days in advance of the date of the request.
- Valid excuses are illness and family emergency.
- Invalid excuses are exams, papers due, review sessions, extra classes, appointments with faculty advisors, trips to the airport, a friend's crisis, engagements with family or friends, appointments with doctors and dentists, conflicting class or work schedules, and the like.
Last Minute Emergency Notification
- Call and leave a message at (781) 736-3328 or (978) 808-0547 as soon as possible.
- Arrange to get your folder to rehearsal.