Helping Students and Families Afford College
Based on the guidance of public health officials and the state government, the Office of Student Financial Services will be suspending in-person office hours due to COVID-19. We remain committed to supporting you and your family during this time and encourage you to contact our office by phone or email for assistance.
In addition to providing instruction and counseling on applying for need-based financial aid, and determining eligibility for such funding, our office provides guidance on financing the cost of a Brandeis education via private student and parent loans and payment plans as well as information relating to bill charges, payments and federal student loans.
Student Financial Services Policy Changes in Response to COVID-19.
- Brandeis Fall 2020 bills will be issued in late July through the Student Account Center.
- The course load overage will not be charged for the Fall 2020 semester. The overage for more than 23 credits will be reinstated for Spring 2021. As always, there are no reductions/refunds for course loads below the normal rate of work.
- We are now offering a 5 month and 4 month payment plan. See Payment Options for more details.
- Walk-in service at SFS are suspended indefinitely. If you have questions about financial aid, billing or student employment, email: email@example.com.
- If you need to complete an I-9 or verify citizenship documentation in person, please schedule a drop-in appointment. Drop-in appointments begin on August 24th.
- Until further notice, Brandeis will not be accepting cash payments. We continue to receive e-check and credit card payments through the Student Account Center. Review our payment options for all options.
Brandeis values our students commitment and has always partnered with a tuition insurance plan to help families to protect their education investment. GradGuard Tuition Insurance works to supplement the Brandeis tuition withdrawal refund policy to provide up to 100% refunds for medical withdrawals due to physical injury/illness and mental health conditions. You may wish to consider purchasing the optional GradGuard Tuition Insurance to provide reimbursement when a student can’t complete an academic term due to an unforeseen, covered accident, injury or other covered reason. Learn more about GradGuard Tuition Insurance coverage. Learn more about the GradGuard COVID-19 coverage and enrollment information.
We also coordinate all hourly on-campus student employment and maintain an up-to-date listing of all available on- and off-campus job opportunities.