At the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, we encourage researchers to apply for funding, participate in workshops, and engage in the research process at every stage.
The list below is not a complete list of opportunities. For more comprehensive funding opportunity searches the library now provides access to an aid for locating and securing research funding. Pivot™ answers the growing demands on research developers to quickly discover the right funding opportunities and effectively collaborate with their colleagues. Enter search terms or browse by keyword to explore the latest funding opportunities and research trends. Brandeis Researchers can create an account to manage active or tracked funding opportunities, save searches, share opportunities, and save funding records and funding searches.
Here are some additional resources about Pivot:
Quick Start Guides
Pivot's educational YouTube channel
Creating and Updating Your Profile
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) also maintains a comprehensive list of additional funding opportunity databases available to Brandeis faculty and staff, and a calendar of recurring foundation RFPs in all fields.
For Faculty & Staff
The Moore Inventor Fellows program funds early-career investigators pursuing inventions at an early stage that could lead to proof-of-concept work or advance an existing prototype that tackles an important problem in scientific research, environmental conservation, or patient care. $225,000 x 3 yrs.
This is a limited-submission program: Institutions may nominate two candidates. Interested PI’s should review past awardees and submit a 1-2 page statement of invention and CV to email@example.com by October 4 at 5pm.
- October 4: Internal deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 15: Nominee names due to the foundation.
- December 13: Nominee application materials due to the foundation.
- The Theodore and Jane Norman Awards for Faculty Scholarship supports faculty research, creative projects or course development.
- The Theodore and Jane Norman Junior Faculty Research Leaves guarantee one semester of paid research leave in either the fourth or fifth year of residence at the University.
- The Theodore and Jane Norman Salary Replacement Award is available to faculty who receive major, prestigious external grants or fellowships (e.g., Guggenheim; Fulbright; ACLS; NEH; Radcliffe Institute; AAAS Fellows; and grants from "in- residence" centers such as the National Humanities Center).
Funding for tenure-track professors who do not have start up funds have access to $4,000 in research and travel funds. Activities to be supported by this fund include: research travel, travel to conferences, computers/software, Widener card, books, course development materials, and research assistants.
Library guide to information on funding and grants, scholarships, and fellowships, by division.
Brandeis University's Hiatt Career Center provides opportunities to support your research. See especially the Internship and Research Grants.
Financial support for research is available at Brandeis. Find targeted information for social scientists about external funding opportunities, and the staff on campus who can assist.
Find out more about opportunities across campus to fund your research and creative work.
Find more research opportunities for undergraduates at Academic Services.