Welcome to a new Workday!
Starting June 24, Workday will replace BUSS for a variety of functions, including entering time worked, requesting time off, updating your personal information, viewing your payslips and more. Please review the following information to prepare for Workday.access workday
Log in to Workday using your Brandeis account (username and password); same login you used for BUSS. You can access Workday from on or off campus using any computer, tablet or smartphone that has an internet browser.
today Mark your calendar
- July 15: Semi-monthly receive their first pay slip from Workday
- July 5: Weekly receive their first pay slip from Workday
- July 1: Workday is available for all faculty, staff and student employees
- June 24: Non-exempt, hourly and student employees begin entering time worked into Workday (for work week 6/24-6/30)
June 10: BUSS will have limited functions
Time entry will be available (for work through Sunday 6/23)
Personal and Payroll information sections are read-only; if you have critical changes such as direct deposit or benefits election change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to open a ticket.
description How-to resources
contact_support Have a question?
There are several ways to get support and learn more. Visit the Workday@Brandeis Support page for more information.
About the Workday at Brandeis Project
The Workday@Brandeis Project will bring Brandeis's administrative services in line with its excellence in teaching, research, and practice. Phase 1 of the Workday Project, focusing on HR, Payroll, and Finance processes, is scheduled to launch July 2019. It will provide our University community with real-time reporting, standardized business processes, and optimized administrative functions.
Brandeis has used the administrative software PeopleSoft to manage human resources, payroll, and finance operations since 2002. Due to the unique needs of our administrative business units, PeopleSoft systems were highly customized over the years. These customizations added a layer of complexity to our administrative systems, making system upgrades and modifications challenging and disruptive for our vendors and staff.
Workday offers a different software model, offering configurable frameworks that works with our own data. No coding is required. Workday delivers automated updates to Brandeis twice a year without causing disruption to the University's normal business procedures.
Workday offers new and improved features and process that will help the University
- Collaborate more easily and improve communication and cooperation across campus
- Provide easy and consistent access to information for planning and managing
- Modernize business process and systems to take advantage of emerging technologies
- Minimize administrative overhead for faculty and staff
- Increase effectiveness in business process and lower operating costs
- Improve student, faculty, and staff user experience
- View and update Home Address and Contact Information
- View and update Emergency Contact
- View and update Federal W-4 withholdings
- View and update Direct Deposit Information
- View Paychecks
- View W-2 Information
- View current benefit elections