Principles of Business Continuity Planning
Business continuity is the processes and procedures organizations use to help ensure that vital functions continue to effectively function during and following a disaster. Business continuity planning is an organizational activity designed to avert interruptions of vital organizational functions and to restore normal organizational functions as expeditiously and efficiently as possible.
At the end of the course, students will be prepared to:
· Use Risk Management techniques to anticipate organizational risks and threats.
· Use Business Impact Analysis techniques to identify probable consequences to organizations that experience a disaster
· Apply Project Management techniques to manage the development, testing, delivery and maintenance of a Business Continuity plan
· Develop an emergency response plan
· Develop a disaster recovery plan
· Use Crisis Communication methods to communicate with key stakeholders impacted by the organizational disaster