Strategic Analytics and Visualization for Big Data
This course will focus on the topic of big data and its management, including the tools and techniques designed to effectively analyze and visualize big data for strategic advantage. The course will cover definitions and concepts related to the areas of big data, strategic analytics, and data visualization; the overall problem of big data and the tools and techniques designed to manage it; and the ways in which strategic analytics and visualization can be utilized in different fields and industries to have a strategic impact on an organization’s competitive advantage in today’s business environment. The course will also address the future path of big data management, analytics and visualization, including career options and outlook.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Explain what big data, strategic analytics, and data visualization are, as well as related key concepts
2. Articulate the differences between big data and data, and related components of each
3. Describe the problem of big data and the tools and techniques designed to manage it
4. Describe how strategic analytics and visualization are utilized in different fields and industries
5. Identify and describe the business issues that strategic analytics and visualization address and resolve
6. Identify and describe the ways in which big data analytics and visualization can have a strategic impact
8. Describe the likely path of big data management, analytics and visualization in the future, including careers.