About the Planning Committee
The Festival of the Arts Planning Committee is a group of Brandeis staff and students that collaborates on outreach, programming, logistical planning, and event management. It is a unique opportunity for staff and students across campus to work together and learn from one another.
The committee is chaired by Ingrid Schorr, director of Arts Engagement, and its members may chair subcommittees and working groups as needed.
The committee welcomes representatives from across academic departments as well as clubs, offices and departments (Student Engagement, Community Living, etc.) so that each area of the arts and student life has a voice in the planning of a festival that really belongs to Brandeis
What do Planning Committee members do?
- Meet twice a month for one hour
- Identify performers and programming opportunities
- Plan logistical needs for the festival week
- Advise on outreach, publicity, community involvement and inclusion
- Help promote the festival on campus and in Waltham
- Solicit feedback from students, staff and faculty on what would make our festival a valuable and memorable experience on campus
- Staff festival events as needed
Who can be a Planning Committee member?
Planning Committee members typically meet the following four criteria: They are a Brandeis student or staff member; they support the Festival of the Arts mission; they are well connected with creative individuals, groups/clubs, or departments on campus; they are available to help staff events as needed during the week of the festival.
Interested in joining the Planning Committee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.