The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is responsible for providing university leadership with information to support institutional planning, analysis, and decision-making.
Our office provides or oversees:
- Senior-level staff support for strategic planning
- Institutional research and decision support services
- Internal and external data reporting
OIR serves as the university resource for timely, high-quality information and analysis in support of informed decision-making.
We achieve this by:
- Guaranteeing that high-quality data is available and accessible to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
- Promoting an environment where OIR works effectively and efficiently sharing knowledge and best practices within and across divisions
- Creating collaborative partnerships with members of the community through communication, listening, and feedback to advance the mission of the university.
The mission of OIR is to provide official, accurate and unbiased information and analysis about the university.
We accomplish this by:
- Advocating for quality and integrity of data
- Conducting research studies and analysis on issues of importance to the university
- Organizing, administering and reporting on population surveys of university constituencies
- Serving as a resource to community members in need of data/facts about the university
- Supporting the assessment efforts of the university
- Responding to external requests for information (e.g., college guides)
- Providing university data as required by government agencies