Study Abroad

Mia Katan in Uganda

Mia Katan '16 studied peace and conflict studies in Uganda

There are many wonderful options all over the world for Peace, Conflict and Coexistence Studies minors to study abroad. Spending time abroad will allow students to gain an understanding of global perspectives and will provide an invaluable learning experience. This page contains information that will assist students in determining how to integrate study abroad into their Brandeis careers.

Sample of Approved Programs with Peace Studies Coursework

Visit the Brandeis Approved Programs List to review a comprehensive list of programs that offer Peace Studies coursework. Click on "Advanced Search" to filter options or search for unique program traits like internships or research. Additional programs might have acceptable coursework, but this list shows the primary locations where PAX courses may be available.

Study Abroad Liaison

To assist students with their academic choices abroad and to help answer any questions about receiving minor credit while abroad, each academic department and program has assigned a faculty member to serve as the Study Abroad Liaison. Peace Studies minors who plan to study abroad should speak with the study abroad liaison before they go abroad, and again once they have returned from study abroad.

The liaison for Peace Studies is Prof. Bernie Yack.

Receiving Credit in Peace Studies

Before going abroad, you can find out whether a specific course will or will not count as a Peace Studies elective by speaking with the Study Abroad Liaison.  In order to formally request credit for the course, you must contact your Study Abroad Liaison upon your return to Brandeis and after you have received a grade for the course. The final step would be to fill out a "Petition to Request a Substitution for a Requirement."