Green Ideas for Brandeis
Get a monthly update with green tips
Sustainability National Resources
Brandeis Staff & Faculty: Volunteer to be an Office Sustainability-Rep
Brandeis’ Campus Sustainability Initiative is launching a program to reduce the university's environmental impact. You can volunteer to be an Office Sustainability-Rep and help increase recycling rates, decrease waste, encourage use of responsible products and energy conservation in your workplace. More than 30 colleges and universities have successfully reduced energy costs and climate change impact by implementing Sustainability-Rep programs.
Benefits of participating include:
- Reducing energy costs
- Saving resources
- Building community in the workplace
- Recognition opportunities for your department/office
- Contributing to Brandeis’ reputation as a social justice leader
- Learning information that can be applied to energy and costs savings at home too!
What does participation entail?
- Identifying yourself as your group/departmental representative for sustainability issues (multiple people per department can volunteer)
- Receive and read a semi-monthly e-mail update from Sustainability Coordinator
- Monitor recycling containers and communicate any issues that arise
- Post or distribute information as needed
- Attend an introduction session or meet one on one with the Sustainability Coordinator
- Attend optional workshops, brown bag lunches, and speakers
- Time commitment is flexible- but no more than 2 hours per month is required
- Receive permission from supervisor to volunteer (You may cease participation at anytime by notifying the Sustainability Coordinator)
How to volunteer:
Sustainability- Reps can volunteer at anytime during the year. E-mail the Sustainability Coordinator, Janna Cohen-Rosenthal, if you are interested in volunteerin or call x64194.