Learning from Taglit-Birthright Israel: An Academic Symposium
May 23-24, 2012 BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY
Conference sessions will be held in the Mandel Center for the Humanities. The building is wheelchair accessible and served by the Tower parking lot. Participants should follow signs to "Birthright Conference."
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02454
A block of rooms is available for participants at the Boston Marriot Newton, 2345 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton. Please note there is no public transportation to the hotel or from the hotel to Brandeis. However, a Brandeis van will shuttle participants between the hotel and the conference at scheduled times. The complete van schedule will be available closer to the date of the conference.
- Name of room block: Brandeis University/The Cohen Center
- Rate: $179 per night plus applicable taxes per room
- Breakfast and parking not included
Lunch and dinner on Wednesday and breakfast and lunch on Thursday will be provided to conference participants. All meals are certified kosher.
Shuttle buses to campus will be available depending on flight times. Please indicate your interest in this option on your registration form.
Taxis are readily available as you exit the terminal - these usually charge $70 including tip to the conference hotel or the Brandeis campus.
Public transportatation is available to the Brandeis campus but not the hotel by way of the commuter line.
- Blue & white shuttle bus #22 or #33 outside terminal stops at Airport subway stop for the Blue Line. The Blue Line will take you into Boston for $2, and you may change for the Orange or Green Line, which take you to North Station.
- Note that the Green Line station at "Government Center" has an elevator. The Orange Line station at "State" does not.
- At North Station, walk over to Commuter Rail service to Fitchburg, which stops at Brandeis-Roberts for $5. You will be just outside Brandeis campus.
Driving (to Brandeis campus)
- From the Mass. Turnpike (I-90) Eastbound
Take exit 14 for I-95/Rt 128. After the toll, keep left for 95/128 North. While on ramp, exit immediately onto exit 24 for Route 30. Bear left onto Route 30. Turn right at first traffic light onto River Road. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.
- From the Mass. Turnpike (I-90) Westbound
Take exit 15 for I-95/Rt 128 and Route 30. After the toll proceed straight for Route 30. Turn right at end of the ramp, and then right again at first traffic light onto Route 30. Turn left at next traffic light onto River Road. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.
- From I-95/Route 128 Southbound
Take exit 24 for Route 30. At end of ramp, proceed through traffic light (across Route 30) onto River Road. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.
- From I-95/Route 128 Northbound
- Take exit 24 for Route 30. Route 30 is one of several options at this exit, so follow signs carefully. Turn left at the top of the ramp onto Route 30. Turn right at the traffic lights onto River Street. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.