President names search committee for communications vice president
President Fred Lawrence has announced formation of the search committee that will assist him in selection of the next senior vice president for communications.
The 13-member committee is co-chaired by Anita Hill, senior adviser to the provost and professor of social policy, law, and women's studies, and David Bunis ‘83, senior vice president and Lawrence’s chief of staff.
The committee is comprised of representatives of the faculty, administration, board of trustees, staff and student body. Members are:
- Lisa Kranc ’75, a member of the board of trustees and senior vice president of AutoZone, Inc.
- Eve Marder ’69, Victor and Gwendolyn Beinfield Professor of Neuroscience
- Robin Miller, senior adviser to the provost and Edytha Macy Gross Professor of Humanities
- Steve Whitfield, Ph.D. ’72, Max Richter Professor of American Civilization
- Lisa Lynch, dean of the Heller School of Social Policy and Management and Maurice B. Hexter Professor of Social and Economic Policy
- Bruce Magid, dean of the International Business School and Ahuva Gross Chair in Financial Markets and Institutions
- Andrew Flagel, senior vice president for students and enrollment
- Scott Edmiston, director, Office of the Arts
- Laura Gardner, editor, Brandeis Magazine
- Michael Galbreath, director of development budget planning and operations and executive assistant to the senior vice president of institutional advancement
- Alex Thompson ’15, Brandeis student
Brandeis has retained the executive search firm of Storbeck/Pimentel, which specializes in searches for colleges, universities and independent schools, and which has worked with Brandeis in the past, to guide the effort. Managing Partner Shelly Weiss Storbeck will lead the Storbeck/Pimentel effort on the search.