- Pete Varney announces retirement as baseball coach after 34 yearsJune 25, 2015
Varsity baseball coach Pete Varney has led the Judges to the post-season 21 times in 34 years, including 12 berths in the NCAA tournament and one appearance at the NCAA Division III World Series.
- Senior athletes recognized at Charlie’s BreakfastJune 2, 2015
Nine seniors were honored and given awards for their work inside and outside the athletic arena at Charlie's Breakfast, an annual Commencement weekend event sponsored by Friends of Brandeis Athletics.
- Ultimate Frisbee takes second at national championshipsMay 26, 2015
Brandeis' ultimate Frisbee team, TRON, capped their most successful season in history with style and a memorable result.
- Milwaukee Bucks owner Marc Lasry visits Brandeis studentsApril 14, 2015
Lasry met with Brandeis students to talk about finance and the business of basketball, and he offered some advice.
- Diamond gem: Varney notches 700th winApril 8, 2015
Baseball head coach Pete Varney earns his 700th win when the Judges beat Worcester State 7-2. His former players share their thoughts on lessons their coach taught them.
- For Hodges and Cain sisters, family connection shows on the courtMarch 17, 2015
Both sets of siblings celebrate the Judges' recent ECAC championship win, while also reflecting on time spent together at Brandeis.
- Brandeis spirit band amps it upFeb. 23, 2015
With help from Senior Vice President of Students and Enrollment Andrew Flagel and the Brandeis music department, the Brandeis Spirit Band is ready to perform.
- Brandeis cancels morning and evening activities on Feb. 15Feb. 15, 2015
- Dallamora earns national honors for service to women’s soccerJan. 20, 2015
Judges head soccer coach Denise Dallamora was awarded the 2015 NSCAA Committee Award for Excellence.
- Alumnus paints fencing room muralsDec. 2, 2014
Former Judges fencer Chris Spencer ’94 has painted two murals in the fencing room, one of university namesake Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis holding a saber. The other is of three fencers, each representing one of the sport’s disciplines — foil, epee and saber.
- Judges soccer teams compete in NCAA playoffsNov. 18, 2014
After two home wins, the men's soccer team will play Amherst College in Oneonta, NY in round three, while the women's team shutout Penn State Behrend before falling to Misericordia University in the second round.
- Men's and women's soccer get ready for NCAA playoffsNov. 11, 2014
The men's team hosts Husson University on Gordon Field in round one of the national tournament on Saturday, Nov. 15, at 5 p.m. while the women are on the road against Penn State-Behrend.
- Jordan Zides '15: Miracle on the sidelinesNov. 6, 2014
Jordan Zides '15 loves soccer. On a fateful day in July 2011, that passion for soccer may have saved his life.
- Alumni and students show Judges pride at homecomingOct. 21, 2014
As Brandeis celebrated its annual Athletic Homecoming, hundreds of former student-athletes reconnected with campus and the current crop of Judges.
- The Brandeis Judges: If you can play, you can playOct. 17, 2014
Brandeis Athletics is joining the You Can Play Project to support equality and safety for all athletes, regardless of their sexual orientation.
- Campus ramping up for Homecoming, Fall Fest Oct. 14, 2014
The Brandeis campus will be abuzz with visitors and activities the next two weekends, starting with Homecoming, Oct. 17-19, and followed by Fall Fest, Oct. 23-27.
- Liz Hood '15 shines on and off the courtOct. 14, 2014
Senior volleyball player Liz Hood has been a force for Brandeis on the court, while excelling in the classroom as a business major.
- Men’s soccer’s Soboff named National Player of the WeekSept. 24, 2014
Following an impressive week in Division III play, Judges midfielder/forward Michael Soboff '15 earns nationwide recognition.
- Visit Story Archive »