- Women’s cross country earns trip to NCAA Division III championshipsNov. 20, 2013
The women's cross country team finished fifth at the New England Division III regional championships, paving the way for the program's first NCAA championship berth since 2001.
- Men's soccer heads back to NCAA Division III tournamentNov. 12, 2013
For the second year in a row, the Brandeis men’s soccer team has qualified for the NCAA Division III tournament. The Judges, who posted a 14-4-1 record in the regular season and earned an at-large berth to the tournament, will once again host the first two rounds.
- Brandeis scores big with athletic homecomingOct. 15, 2013
Hundreds of former Brandeis athletes — from 'Benny’s Boys,' who represented the school on the football field in the 1950s, to young alumni whose onetime teammates still compete for the Judges — gathered on campus last weekend for the inaugural athletics homecoming to celebrate a sports program that has always prized excellence on both sides of the student-athlete equation.
- Soccer teams ranked 12th in NSCAA preseasonAug. 14, 2013
Coming off their most successful campaigns in decades, the Brandeis University men's and women's soccer teams have each been ranked 12th in the nation in Division III in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Preseason Top 25 poll. The women open their season at home against MIT, while the men face Keene State on the road.
- LauraBen Moore ’14 helps USA rugby to cup finalsJuly 19, 2013
Senior LauraBen Moore, in only her second year of competitive rugby play, has earned a starting role on the USA Rugby Women’s Junior All-Americans (WJAA) team at the 2013 Under-20 Nations Cup. She’ll be playing for a gold medal against Canada on Sunday.
- Brandeis Athletics celebrates 2012-2013 highlightsJune 25, 2013
In one of the most decorated campaigns in recent memory, the Judges produced six All-Americans in the 2012-2013 academic year. Honoring these and other accomplishments, Brandeis Athletics looks back at 13 highlights from the past academic year.
- Soccer star to march Sunday, return in the fallMay 16, 2013
Sam Ocel was the 2012 University Athletic Association Men’s Soccer Player of the Year and Brandeis' top male athlete. He'll march in the academic procession with his classmates Sunday, then return for one more season.
- Two from women's tennis team are NCAA-boundMay 10, 2013
Senior Faith Broderick and sophomore Carley Cooke of the 24th-ranked Brandeis University women’s tennis team, have been selected to represent the Judges at the 2013 NCAA Division III Doubles Championships, which will be held May 23 to 25 in Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Students, faculty-staff to face off at Hoops for HaitiApril 10, 2013
The Brandeis Haiti Initiative will host “Hoops for Haiti,” the annual staff and faculty versus students basketball game to raise funds for Haiti, at 6 p.m. on April 14 in the Gosman Athletic Center. Tickets are free for students; donations are appreciated.
- Women's rugby player selected to compete for Junior All-American teamApril 10, 2013
- Three fencers competing in national championshipMarch 21, 2013
Three members of the Brandeis University fencing team will represent the Judges at the 2013 NCAA National Collegiate championships in San Antonio, Texas, March 21-24. The Judges will be one of three Division III schools with three fencers at the meet.
- Crew team names its new racing shell in honor of President LawrenceMarch 19, 2013
- Archery club to host first independent tournamentMarch 12, 2013
Pop culture's obsession with movies that feature archers has helped boost the Brandeis Archery Club from a small team of four competitive shooters to an active and thriving club with 24 team members. The club will host its first independent tournament on campus on March 17.
- Track and field, fencing head for NCAA competitionsMarch 8, 2013
Both squads are heading into the final stages of the winter season with fine accomplishments behind them and hopes for All-American rankings on the horizon.
- On the Move program returns, offers health and fitness supportFeb. 25, 2013
- Cager Stoyle, fencer Mattos are UAA athletes of weekFeb. 11, 2013
Stoyle averaged 21 points, 11 rebounds and three blocked shots per game for the week. Mattos went 3-0 in three straight games for the fencers. The men's basketball team is now 15-5 for the season; the women's fencing team is 15-9.
- Messinger, Berman named UAA's fencers of weekFeb. 1, 2013
Zoe Messinger, a sabre fencer and senior captain, helped the Brandeis women’s fencing team to a 5-2 week. Noah Berman, a foil fencer, went 8-2 at the Northeast Fencing Conference meet as the Judges rolled to three wins, defeating Tufts, 21-6; Vassar, 23-4; and Dartmouth, 19-8.
- Judges, 14-2, break into national hoop rankingsJan. 25, 2013
With a record of 14-2, the Judges already have surpassed their 2010-11 win total. The successful Midwest road trip improved the team’s University Athletic Association(UAA) record to 5-0. The team faces Emory University in Atlanta and the University of Rochester in New York this weekend and will play the same two teams at home Feb. 1 and Feb. 3.
- How do YOU battle the stress of finals week?Dec. 13, 2012
Finals week is a stressful time for most students on campus, and the ways they combat the tension varies widely. Some play piano, dance or grab an X-Box for video games, while another group hits the boxing ring, taking their extra energy out on heavy bags and, sometimes, each other.
- Coven, Spital, Ocel win honors for soccer seasonDec. 9, 2012
Men's soccer coach Mike Coven was selected as the National Soccer Coaches Association of America's coach of the year for his division. In addition, the organization named forward Dara Spital ‘15 and forward Sam Ocel ’13 All-Americans for the Judges’ women’s and men’s programs, respectively.
- Visit Story Archive »