- Brandeis staff and faculty are running for goodApril 17, 2014
Several members of the Brandeis community will be running in the 118th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21. A few of them shared their thoughts with BrandeisNow about their motivation for being part of this year’s marathon.
- Brandeis staff to run Boston Marathon for bombing victimApril 11, 2014
The 2014 Boston Marathon will have extra meaning for many, including assistant swim coach Breda O’Connor and club sports coordinator Matt Callahan. They will be running the race to raise money for Marc Fucarile, Callahan’s cousin who was seriously injured in the bombing attack during last year’s marathon.
- Runners, fencers set for NCAA championshipsMarch 12, 2014
Six Brandeis student-athletes will be competing at the NCAA championships in track and field on March 14-15 and in fencing on March 20-23.
- Brandeis fencers primed for NCAA RegionalsFeb. 26, 2014
Brandeis repeats as New England Intercollegiate Fencing Conference champions and now look forward to qualifying for the NCAA Championships.
- Women’s cross country earns trip to NCAA Division III championshipsNov. 20, 2013
The women's cross country team finished fifth at the New England Division III regional championships, paving the way for the program's first NCAA championship berth since 2001.
- Men's soccer heads back to NCAA Division III tournamentNov. 12, 2013
For the second year in a row, the Brandeis men’s soccer team has qualified for the NCAA Division III tournament. The Judges, who posted a 14-4-1 record in the regular season and earned an at-large berth to the tournament, will once again host the first two rounds.
- Brandeis scores big with athletic homecomingOct. 15, 2013
Hundreds of former Brandeis athletes — from 'Benny’s Boys,' who represented the school on the football field in the 1950s, to young alumni whose onetime teammates still compete for the Judges — gathered on campus last weekend for the inaugural athletics homecoming to celebrate a sports program that has always prized excellence on both sides of the student-athlete equation.
- Soccer teams ranked 12th in NSCAA preseasonAug. 14, 2013
Coming off their most successful campaigns in decades, the Brandeis University men's and women's soccer teams have each been ranked 12th in the nation in Division III in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Preseason Top 25 poll. The women open their season at home against MIT, while the men face Keene State on the road.
- LauraBen Moore ’14 helps USA rugby to cup finalsJuly 19, 2013
Senior LauraBen Moore, in only her second year of competitive rugby play, has earned a starting role on the USA Rugby Women’s Junior All-Americans (WJAA) team at the 2013 Under-20 Nations Cup. She’ll be playing for a gold medal against Canada on Sunday.
- Brandeis Athletics celebrates 2012-2013 highlightsJune 25, 2013
In one of the most decorated campaigns in recent memory, the Judges produced six All-Americans in the 2012-2013 academic year. Honoring these and other accomplishments, Brandeis Athletics looks back at 13 highlights from the past academic year.
- Soccer star to march Sunday, return in the fallMay 16, 2013
Sam Ocel was the 2012 University Athletic Association Men’s Soccer Player of the Year and Brandeis' top male athlete. He'll march in the academic procession with his classmates Sunday, then return for one more season.
- Two from women's tennis team are NCAA-boundMay 10, 2013
Senior Faith Broderick and sophomore Carley Cooke of the 24th-ranked Brandeis University women’s tennis team, have been selected to represent the Judges at the 2013 NCAA Division III Doubles Championships, which will be held May 23 to 25 in Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Visit Story Archive »