- Uniting physics, business for the greater goodJune 17, 2014
Camille Girabawe and Bernard Hishamunda are joining the laws of physics and the principles of business to improve lives, especially in their native Rwanda.
- Sprout Grants encourage innovation, entrepreneurship June 16, 2014
The winners of the 2014 Brandeis Virtual Incubator Sprout Grant Program will share $50,000 in funding to support the research and development of technologies that tackle epilepsy, cancer, clean energy, genetic engineering, the treatment of diabetes, and accessible science education.
- Brandeis launches MS in eLearning design, technologyJune 5, 2014
Brandeis has established a new master of science degree in online instructional design and technology in response to the growing national need for professionals highly skilled in the development of digital learning resources.
- Business school honors teaching excellenceMay 30, 2014
Andy Molinsky and Jay Leu received the Brandeis International Business School's Excellence in Teaching Awards in recognition of their dedication to teaching and mentoring.
- Couples, choose your wedding registry wisely May 27, 2014
In a recent study, Xin Wang, assistant professor of marketing at the Brandeis International Business School, explored gift giving behavior in online wedding registries, including how guest motivations impact gift choice, what sells and what goes unpurchased in registries, which stores do better than others and why.
- From IDF to CEO: Asaf Meir ’14 reflects on his pathMay 6, 2014
When Asaf Meir ’14 arrived at Brandeis, the 24-year-old freshman was already a decorated soldier, a world traveler and an experienced manager. Here he added to his resume, becoming a community advisor, an officer with Brandeis Visions for Israel in an Evolving World (BView), a teaching assistant and a web developer for Brandeis. Last fall, he added one more title to his list: CEO.
- Brandeis student to embark on worldwide research tripApril 29, 2014
Junior Madeline List was named the first Circumnavigators Club Foundation Scholar at Brandeis, an honor that will enable her to travel to eight countries on five continents in 10 weeks to study the socio-economic and cultural challenges faced by people with disabilities across the globe.
- Student entrepreneurs innovate at 3 Day Startup April 15, 2014
Brandeis International Business School recently hosted its third annual 3 Day Startup, a program that encourages graduate and undergraduate students to brainstorm, develop and pitch business startup plans in just 55 hours.
- Hessan encourages global perspective, collaborationApril 7, 2014
Brandeis International Business School honored Communispace Chairman Diane Hessan with the 2014 Asper Award for Global Entrepreneurship and Gigaom CEO Paul Walborsky ’88, MA ’89, with the Asper Alumni Entrepreneurship Award on April 3.
- Nielsen Greater China president discusses Chinese consumer and media marketsMarch 19, 2014
Yan Xuan, P’17, president, Greater China, for Nielsen, was at Brandeis to talk about working and doing business in China and to share Nielsen’s insights into the diversity of the Chinese consumer and media markets.
- More programs added to Justice Brandeis Semester March 10, 2014
Students welcome the opportunity to do a deep dive into a topic, combining traditional classroom studies with a mix of field work and community-engaged learning.
- Brandeis team prevails in second annual economic crisis game Feb. 12, 2014
Corruption, human rights violations and dependence on oil exports, a brain drain, and economic crisis are no match for a team of Brandeis International Business School students.
- Brandeis International Business School announces partnership to enroll Colombian business school studentsJan. 28, 2014
The partnership is a part of Brandeis IBS’ Latin America initiative, which is focused on creating avenues of global cooperation and exchange to benefit students and faculty in both countries.
- So you’ve survived cancer, now what?Dec. 23, 2013
In the 10 years since Samantha Watson founded the Boston-based SAMFund for Young Adult Cancer Survivors, the organization has given away $1.1 million to cancer survivors — helping them pay their rent, medical bills, gym memberships — almost anything to help survivors rebuild their life after cancer.
- Marketing students pitch perfect solutionsDec. 3, 2013
'Orange is the new black… berry?' Sounds like a sweet new Ben and Jerry’s flavor, doesn’t it? At last week’s second annual Perfect Pitch case competition, some of marketing’s brightest future lights teamed up and competed for best overall pitch, not to mention the attention of leading employers in their chosen fields.
- Justice Brandeis Semester expands its offeringsNov. 19, 2013
- Hiatt hosts fifth annual Biotech, Health and Science Forum Nov. 5, 2013
This year’s Biotech, Health and Science Forum expects to draw more than 250 students, with more than 150 alumni participating online through a live video stream. This annual event will be held Tuesday, Nov. 12, in Sherman Hall, Hassenfeld Conference Center.
- Brandeis launches MS in Strategic AnalyticsOct. 16, 2013
Graduate Professional Studies announced today it has launched a new Master of Science degree in strategic analytics. The online program is designed to harness the proliferation of data in all aspects of business using advanced analytic tools. With the advent of “big data,” businesses can reduce risk and improve performance through better-informed decision-making in areas such as revenue management, dynamic pricing and business modeling.
- Remapping your cultural cloutOct. 14, 2013
When you live or work in another part of the world, you have to adapt your behavior to fit in, says Brandeis’ global dexterity expert. But you can also still be you. Andy Molinsky, associate professor of organizational behavior at Brandeis International Business School (IBS), spoke to students about cultural dexterity on Oct. 8 during Brandeis’ International Education Week.
- Brandeis IBS ranked among world's top schools in Economist, Princeton ReviewOct. 11, 2013
- Hundreds come out for inaugural Year in Service and Volunteer FairOct. 10, 2013
- New undergrad business program among most popularSept. 26, 2013
Launched in 2010, the business major has become the fourth most popular major at Brandeis, with nearly 200 students, behind biology, economics and psychology.
- Lawrence issues university report card at staff meetingSept. 12, 2013
At his third annual meeting with all staff Wednesday, President Fred Lawrence assessed Brandeis’ progress in reaching academic and financial goals since the Board of Trustees formally endorsed the Strategic Plan last May.
- Visit Story Archive »