- Student entrepreneurs innovate at 3 Day Startup April 15, 2014
Brandeis International Business School recently hosted its third annual 3 Day Startup, a program that encourages graduate and undergraduate students to brainstorm, develop and pitch business startup plans in just 55 hours.
- Hessan encourages global perspective, collaborationApril 7, 2014
Brandeis International Business School honored Communispace Chairman Diane Hessan with the 2014 Asper Award for Global Entrepreneurship and Gigaom CEO Paul Walborsky ’88, MA ’89, with the Asper Alumni Entrepreneurship Award on April 3.
- Nielsen Greater China president discusses Chinese consumer and media marketsMarch 19, 2014
Yan Xuan, P’17, president, Greater China, for Nielsen, was at Brandeis to talk about working and doing business in China and to share Nielsen’s insights into the diversity of the Chinese consumer and media markets.
- More programs added to Justice Brandeis Semester March 10, 2014
Students welcome the opportunity to do a deep dive into a topic, combining traditional classroom studies with a mix of field work and community-engaged learning.
- Brandeis team prevails in second annual economic crisis game Feb. 12, 2014
Corruption, human rights violations and dependence on oil exports, a brain drain, and economic crisis are no match for a team of Brandeis International Business School students.
- Brandeis International Business School announces partnership to enroll Colombian business school studentsJan. 28, 2014
The partnership is a part of Brandeis IBS’ Latin America initiative, which is focused on creating avenues of global cooperation and exchange to benefit students and faculty in both countries.
- So you’ve survived cancer, now what?Dec. 23, 2013
In the 10 years since Samantha Watson founded the Boston-based SAMFund for Young Adult Cancer Survivors, the organization has given away $1.1 million to cancer survivors — helping them pay their rent, medical bills, gym memberships — almost anything to help survivors rebuild their life after cancer.
- Marketing students pitch perfect solutionsDec. 3, 2013
'Orange is the new black… berry?' Sounds like a sweet new Ben and Jerry’s flavor, doesn’t it? At last week’s second annual Perfect Pitch case competition, some of marketing’s brightest future lights teamed up and competed for best overall pitch, not to mention the attention of leading employers in their chosen fields.
- Justice Brandeis Semester expands its offeringsNov. 19, 2013
- Hiatt hosts fifth annual Biotech, Health and Science Forum Nov. 5, 2013
This year’s Biotech, Health and Science Forum expects to draw more than 250 students, with more than 150 alumni participating online through a live video stream. This annual event will be held Tuesday, Nov. 12, in Sherman Hall, Hassenfeld Conference Center.
- Brandeis launches MS in Strategic AnalyticsOct. 16, 2013
Graduate Professional Studies announced today it has launched a new Master of Science degree in strategic analytics. The online program is designed to harness the proliferation of data in all aspects of business using advanced analytic tools. With the advent of “big data,” businesses can reduce risk and improve performance through better-informed decision-making in areas such as revenue management, dynamic pricing and business modeling.
- Remapping your cultural cloutOct. 14, 2013
When you live or work in another part of the world, you have to adapt your behavior to fit in, says Brandeis’ global dexterity expert. But you can also still be you. Andy Molinsky, associate professor of organizational behavior at Brandeis International Business School (IBS), spoke to students about cultural dexterity on Oct. 8 during Brandeis’ International Education Week.
- Brandeis IBS ranked among world's top schools in Economist, Princeton ReviewOct. 11, 2013
- Hundreds come out for inaugural Year in Service and Volunteer FairOct. 10, 2013
- New undergrad business program among most popularSept. 26, 2013
Launched in 2010, the business major has become the fourth most popular major at Brandeis, with nearly 200 students, behind biology, economics and psychology.
- Lawrence issues university report card at staff meetingSept. 12, 2013
At his third annual meeting with all staff Wednesday, President Fred Lawrence assessed Brandeis’ progress in reaching academic and financial goals since the Board of Trustees formally endorsed the Strategic Plan last May.
- Brandeis IBS introduces new brand platformAug. 28, 2013
- Hanley Center, Brandeis partner for physician trainingAug. 15, 2013
The Daniel Hanley Center for Health Leadership in Portland, Maine, and the Heller School for Social Policy and Management have partnered to create an advanced education program with the goal of building a statewide network of physician leaders in Maine.
- IBS conference focuses on municipal marketsAug. 5, 2013
The second-annual Municipal Finance Conference co-sponsored by the Rosenberg Institute of Global Finance at Brandeis International Business School brought together more than 250 academics and practitioners to discuss issues in municipal markets.
- A lost boy finds community on campusJuly 9, 2013
Mangok Bol's journey has taken him from South Sudan, to refugee camps in Ethiopia and Kenya, to New Hampshire and finally to Brandeis, where he has found a home and community on campus — as a student and then as administrator for the International and Global Studies Program and the Mandel Center for the Humanities.
- Business school ranked No. 1 by Financial TimesJune 27, 2013
In the Financial Times' annual rankings of pre-experience master’s programs released this week, Brandeis International Business School was ranked No. 1 in the United States for the third straight year for its Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance (Lemberg Program).
- Innovation sprouts with annual grant competitionJune 19, 2013
Five teams of young Brandeis scientists and programmers will receive a total of $50,000 to fund the research and development of products ranging from compounds that can target cancer cells to a mobile app that helps avoid lines. It's all part of the third annual Brandeis Virtual Incubator Sprout Grant Program.
- Heller School to offer MBA in public managementJune 10, 2013
The new public management concentration is designed for individuals who currently hold public sector positions and are interested in taking on leadership roles, and for those who wish to seek new careers in local, state and federal government.
- Bergstresser, Nierenberg win business school teaching awardsMay 22, 2013
- Schuster Institute fellow launches new book on 'The Business of Baby'May 8, 2013
- Healthcare CEO receives leadership award from IBSApril 24, 2013
Stanley M. Bergman, chairman and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc., a Fortune 500 company and the world's largest distributor of health products and services to office-based doctors, dentists and veterinarians, received the Brandeis International Business School’s 2013 Perlmutter Award for Excellence in Global Business Leadership.
- Visit Story Archive »