- Schuster Institute fellow launches new book on 'The Business of Baby'May 8, 2013
- Healthcare CEO receives leadership award from IBSApril 24, 2013
Stanley M. Bergman, chairman and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc., a Fortune 500 company and the world's largest distributor of health products and services to office-based doctors, dentists and veterinarians, received the Brandeis International Business School’s 2013 Perlmutter Award for Excellence in Global Business Leadership.
- Hiatt programs offer innovation in job-huntingApril 16, 2013
The recent Just In Time Job and Internship Fair and Practice Interview Days are examples of innovative ways in which the Hiatt Career Center is supplementing traditional career development activities to help the Class of 2013 do just as well – or better.
- IBS hosts 3 Day Startup for aspiring entrepreneursApril 10, 2013
What do you get when you combine five entrepreneurial ideas, 35 sleep-deprived students and only 54 hours to bring those business concepts to fruition? It’s a question that Brandeis International Business School was happy to solve.
- Rachel's Rides provides alternative to taxisMarch 19, 2013
Rafael Abramowitz ‘14 knew he wouldn’t get rich by purchasing Rachel’s Rides Co., a Brandeis-exclusive car service, from his classmate. But it’s already provided him with a wealth of experience in entrepreneurship, community-building and environmentalism.
- Brazil's Balancing Act: Panel looks at competing interestsMarch 14, 2013
- Weinberg '87 shows alumni how to re-enter workforceMarch 11, 2013
Brandeis alumna Pamela Weinberg ’87, career coach and personal branding specialist, will help members of the Brandeis community address issues of re-entering the workforce after an absence. She will lead a webinar, sponsored by the Hiatt Career Center, on March 14 at 7 p.m.
- Lisa M. Lynch reappointed dean of Heller SchoolMarch 5, 2013
A former chief economist for the U.S. Department of Labor, Lynch is an internationally recognized scholar on employment issues who led the creation of the Heller School's new strategic plan. The appointment is for a five-year term.
- Bill Imada plays career matchmaker at Hiatt Communications ForumFeb. 22, 2013
- Employers offer advice, inspiration at SoJust forumFeb. 21, 2013
More than 110 students interested in pursuing careers in social justice received inspiration, advice and encouragement from dozens of employers at the second annual SoJust Leadership Forum. The event served as the capstone for 'DEIS Impact, the university's annual festival of social justice.
- Honoring trio of high-achieving alumniFeb. 19, 2013
Brandeis President Fred Lawrence will present the Alumni Achievement Award to University of Chicago President Robert Zimmer ’68, renowned music manager and record producer Jon Landau ’68 and pioneering mathematics professor Bonnie Berger ’83 at a ceremony on June 8 during reunion weekend.
- Business school team wins investment challengeFeb. 7, 2013
Organized by the Boston Security Analysts Society, the event featured groups from Brandeis, Boston University, MIT and Northeastern delivering 10-minute buy-or-sell pitches for the voice-recognition software company Nuance Communications.
- Brandeis International Business School announces new board co-chairsJan. 29, 2013
- Fashion award winners honored at New York soireeJan. 25, 2013
Students joined some of the biggest names in fashion at the 2013 YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund awards dinner on Jan. 8. The event, at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, honored 125 students from around the county who’d won $5,000 scholarships.
- International Business School, Heller School programs praised, reaccreditedJan. 3, 2013
- Mort Mandel talks about doing good, doing wellDec. 10, 2012
His family relationships and values had much to do with how he and his brothers turned a $900 auto-parts business into a $3 billion multinational electronics corporation. Mandel's new book explains how to be a great leader and how to hire great leaders.
- New programs available for Justice Brandeis SemesterDec. 4, 2012
- Students pitch on-the-spot marketing plansNov. 15, 2012
At Pitch Perfect, an event organized by the Hiatt Career Center, students pitched on-the-spot marketing plans for Ben & Jerry's and Dunkin' Donuts to a panel of judges that included account managers, human resources professional and alumni from public relations agencies Cone Communications and Hill Holliday.
- Latino professionals holding sixth summit, career fairOct. 31, 2012
The event, put on by the Boston chapter of the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, will be held on Saturday. It will feature workshops and programs focused on important career skills, including how to market yourself and expand your professional networks. It is free and is open to all Brandeis students, not only Latinos and finance majors.
- Catherine Mann nominated as Economist business professor of yearOct. 23, 2012
- Provost Steve Goldstein on medical and scientific researchOct. 2, 2012
- App creators focus on cycling, gaming, serviceAug. 13, 2012
Now in its third year, the 10-week Justice Brandeis Semester (JBS) Web Applications and Social Networks program delves into the technical aspects of how to create a mobile phone app and a database-backed website ready to handle hundreds of millions of records.
- Business school's Brad Morrison honored for work in system dynamicsAug. 8, 2012
- Muni finance conference focuses on infrastructure Aug. 7, 2012
The importance of municipal markets for financing roads, schools, public works and more was a major theme of a conference at Brandeis International Business School that brought more than 200 academics and practitioners to campus Aug. 3.
- Zimmerman, Katz win business school awardsMay 29, 2012
Grace Zimmerman (above, right) and Marcia Katz have been honored with the 2012 Faculty Teaching Awards at Brandeis International Business School. Zimmerman is a senior lecturer in marketing, business strategy and entrepreneurship. Katz is director for career development at the business school and an adjunct professor.
- Visit Story Archive »