Jewish Educators Workshop
This 2015/2016 school year, the Brandeis Design Lab educators will be hosting three workshops at Brandeis University for Jewish Educators:
Design Thinking: What It Is and What Does It Have to do with Jewish Education?
Wednesday, December 9, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; bring your own lunch
Using Design Thinking to Teach Empathy to Teens
Thursday, February 25, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.; bring your own lunch
Design Thinking: Applications and Developing a Tool Kit
Wednesday, March 30, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.; bring your own lunch
Documents are constantly updated so don't be surprised if something looks different than you remember:
- The Interview Game: Helps teach teens interviewing skills.
- Design Lab Boot Camp Presentation
- Stages of Design Thinking Posters: The 3 stages used by the Brandeis Design Lab.
- "Yes, and" Improv Game
- "How might we" Statements: A nice reminder from the IDEO Design Kit on why we like to use "How might we" statements.
- Empathy Map: The Stanford d.school overview of how to make an Empathy Map.
- Analogous Spaces: IDEO's approach to finding those powerful analogies to your design challenge.
- Brainstorming Rules: A nice refresher about group rules for brainstorming.