2015 Annual Report
Minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation (CAST)
This report outlines the activities of the Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation (CAST) minor in the 2014-2015 academic year. The first sections describe the development of the minor; the support staff; the recruitment efforts; and the opportunities CAST provided faculty and students in its first year. The next section describes the inaugural Introduction to CAST course, covering the assignments and general activities of the class. The final section provides information about the first ever CAST graduates and how they were formally recognized.
None of the events and opportunities listed in this report would be possible without the generous gift from Elaine Reuben ‘63 and, through Naomi Sinnreich P '13, the Max and Sunny Howard Memorial Foundation. This support allowed CAST the flexibility to promote creative projects as well as host conversations and events that invited affiliated students and faculty into an interdisciplinary community of inquiry. We also express deep gratitude to both Naomi Sinnreich and Elaine Reuben for their vision and support.
View 2015 CAST Annual Report.
- Attachment 1: Photos from CAST Launch
- Attachment 2: Faculty Meeting Presentation of CAST
- Attachment 3: Proposal for CAST Minor
- Attachment 4: CAST postcard
- Attachment 5: CAST brochure
- Attachment 6: Ethics Center Newsletter featuring CAST
- Attachment 7: Brandeis State of the Arts article featuring CAST
- Attachment 8: Brandeis Hoot article about CAST
- Attachment 9: American Theatre feature of CAST
- Attachment 10: Call for proposals for CAST Small Grants for Faculty
- Attachment 11: Call for proposals for CAST Small Grants for Students
- Attachment 12: Facilitating Difficult Conversations
- Attachment 13: CAST 150 Syllabus
- Attachment 14: Ombuds Design Lab Report
- Attachment 15: United States Department of Arts and Culture (USDAC) Design Lab Report
- Attachment 16: Portraits of Purpose Design Lab Report
- Attachment 17: Brandeis Labor Coalition Design Lab Report
- Attachment 18: Leonard Bernstein Festival of Arts: Mini-Festival of Creativity, the Arts, and Transformation - Flyer