Senior Thesis Grants
The History of Ideas Program (HOID) offers research grants for seniors writing a thesis on any aspect of the history of ideas, broadly construed. Students from any department may apply. Grants will reimburse up to $300 (in exceptional cases, $500) for research expenses. Grant recipients will be expected to present their work at a symposium in May (exact date TBD).
In order to apply, please send a short document (in Word or Acrobat) to Julie Seeger, HOID administrator, at email@example.com. The document should contain the following information:
* Student name, phone number, email, and major department(s)
* Name and contact information of thesis advisor
* Thesis title (tentative), and 2-3 sentence description of the thesis topic
* Budget for research, including estimated expenses
* A brief (1-2-page single spaced) essay. This essay should describe the thesis in some detail and include a discussion of the topics significance and relation to the history of ideas. It should also explain the importance of the proposed research expenses to the project as a whole.
Students should also ask their thesis advisor to write a brief email in support of the work; that should be sent directly to Julie Seeger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications received by December 2, 2013 will receive full consideration; applications received after that date will be considered to the extent funds are available.