See more fire-safety tips at the Massachusetts Department of Fire Safety website.
Fire safety tips in your residence hall or office:
- Know the locations of all fire extinguishers and pull stations in your building.
- Know a primary and secondary exit from your room in case there is a fire in your building.
- Vacate your building when an alarm sounds.
- Never prop open fire doors.
- Do not tamper with fire extinguishers or pull stations.
- Don't overload extension cords.
- Follow university regulations regarding the use of candles and other flammable items.
- Acquaint yourself with state and university regulations regarding smoking.
- Report all missing or damaged fire equipment to the university safety office at (781) 736-4262.