Kat von Colditz
Email the Coordinators
SPECTRUM is a disability awareness group that works to build relationships and connections between the families of children with disabilities and Brandeis students. Through dance, movement, songs, games and other social and recreational activities, Brandeis students form close bonds with the children and their families while reaching out to the whole Brandeis community and the Waltham community. They host a weekly playgroup on Sundays. They also offer one-on-one tutoring and mentorship opportunities.
- Population Served: Children and families with developmental disabilities
- Community Partners: Waltham Public Schools, local schools
- Transportation: All SPECTRUM programming occurs on the Brandeis University campus. Families will need to find their own transportation in order to attend programming.
- How to Participate: Parents of children with developmental disabilities and Brandeis students looking to volunteer, email the program coordinators.
- Volunteer Time Commitment: 1 hour per week for volunteers in mentoring and tutoring, and 2 hours every other week for volunteers in playgroup