September 11: 20 Years Later
9/11 Commemorations, Sept. 9 and Sept. 11
Thursday, Sept. 9, 11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 11, 8:30 - 9 a.m.
Brandeis Booths/Fellows Garden
Join the Center for Spiritual Life in a short period of reflection as we remember the lives lost in conjunction with September 11, 2001.
Academic Panel, Sept. 9
Faculty experts will discuss the events that followed 9/11 and how their research helps us understand the choices leaders made and the trends in public opinion that supported them.
- Angela Gutchess (PSYC), Professor of Psychology
- Jennifer Gutsell (PSYC), Associate Professor of Psychology
- Jytte Klausen (POL), Lawrence A. Wien Professor of International Cooperation
- Gary Samore (POL), Professor of the Practice of Politics and Crown Family Director of the Crown Center for Middle East Studies
Experiential Panel, Sept. 10
Faculty who were in or near NYC on 9/11 will reflect on their own experiences on that tragic day and discuss how the events changed the course of their work and lives.
- Neil Swidey (JOUR), Professor of the Practice and Director of the Journalism Program
- Amy Singer (NEJS), Sylvia K. Hassenfeld Chair in Islamic Studies and Professor of History
- Carol Osler (IBS), Martin and Ahuva Gross Professor of Financial Markets and Institutions in the Brandeis International Business School