The Brandeis International Business School Student Association (IBSSA) serves as a guiding force, presenting itself as a student government within Brandeis IBS that aims to represent its population to the administration, act as the main facilitator in discussing student ideas, and organize a variety of social events.
The IBSSA was established as a means of representing the interests of the student body and as a resource to:
- Provide a platform for the discussion of student concerns and act as the instrument by which student interests may be voiced to the administration and faculty of the academic programs at Brandeis IBS.
- Enrich the graduate experience by providing organized student-centered programs, activities and services, which celebrate diversity, promote awareness, and foster leadership, civic engagement and student development.
- Support other student-run organizations and clubs within Brandeis IBS.
Events and Highlights
Annual IBSSA-sponsored events include:
- Charity fundraisers
- Winter semi-formal and spring formal
- Town Hall meetings
- FIFA Tournament
- Pumpkin carving, turkey bowl, bowling nights, harbor cruise night, and more!
In the 2014-2015 academic year, IBSSA hosted the annual IBSSA Investment League, similar to Fantasy Football except the league revolves around equities. Participation was great amongst students, faculty, and staff!