Business Requirements Analysis
Project managers frequently interface with business analysts and can be tasked to take on requirements management and business analysis tasks, therefore they will be more effective if they possess key skills such as requirements elicitation, requirements analysis & documentation, and solution validation. This course covers topics and techniques that are aimed to equip the project manager with core business and requirements analysis skills that can prove critical to project success.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Define and document solutions to business problems via problem statements and vision statements.
• Elicit business requirements from stakeholders using the interviewing technique.
• Determine under what circumstances various requirements elicitation techniques are most applicable.
• Analyze business requirements using use cases and user stories.
• Interpret process and data models, articulating what requirements they include and potentially exclude.
• Develop a high-level test plan and create detailed test cases to verify that defined requirements are met.
• Analyze traceability matrices to ensure that business objectives proposed at project initiation align with delivered and allocated requirements upon solution delivery.