Brandeis Sustainability Fund Scoring Matrix
All proposals submitted to the Brandeis Sustainability Fund are evaluated using a scoring matrix. Evaluators are faculty, staff and students with a strong commitment to sustainability issues.
Following are the criteria comprising the scoring matrix; each is scored on a scale of zero to five points:
- Environmental impact (other than carbon footprint).
- Impact on university's carbon footprint.
- Educational impact.
- Community impact (can also include improving quality of people's lives).
- Operational sustainability (will Brandeis have to take over the project after the applicant group graduates?)
- Financial return (cost savings to the university).
- Technical viability (does the project seem technically ready to go?).