Read Cynthia Cohen's notes on feminist epistemology, aesthetic ways of knowing and peacebuilding
Video: Presentation by the Ulafa’a Visual Artists of Bahrain
Read Reflection on Farhat Abgaria’s Visit by Cynthia Cohen
Exhibit: BLUE - Read the interview on BrandeisNOW
Anna Khandros: The Politics Perspective on Peacebuilding
February 2, 2016
Freedom Underfoot: Performance by Germaine Ingram
September 28 - October 8, 2015
Now As Then: We Who Believe in Freedom Cannot Rest
Events focusing creative attention on the struggle for voting rights
March 2 - 5, 2015
Fatu Gayflor and Toni Shapiro-Phim in Residence
September 17-19, 2013
Panel on Resilience, the Arts and Social Transformation
June 20-21, 2013
Community Arts Lab - Arts Festival and Conference
April 19-28, 2013
Reconciliation Art Project
September 21-23 &
Facilitating Encounters through Art
December 1-2, 2011
Just Performance: Enacting Justice in the Wake of Violence
October 23, 2011
"Acting Together on the World Stage" Boston Premiere
October 21-23, 2011
Peacebuilding and the Arts: Community Cultural Development
April 12, 2011
Nexus of Arts and Social Transformation
Read about the Acting Together launch on BrandeisNOW. More details on the Ethics Center website.
SHOUT THE BIG DREAMS
It is the artists of the world, the feelers and the thinkers, who will ultimately save us; who can articulate, educate, defy, insist, sing and shout the big dreams.” -- Leonard Bernstein
Leonard Bernstein Festival of the Creative Arts
Performing and visual arts by Brandeis community and special guests
THURSDAY April 14 - highlights
- A Cast of Colors! Visualizing and Performing Oral Histories about Encounters with Differences featuring Marcelo Brociner '19, LaShawn Simmons '19, Bronte Velez '16 and others. SCC MPR, 2:30 pm, Shapiro Campus Center | Multipurpose Room.
- Join the CAST Cast – declared minors in Creativity, The Arts, and Social Transformation (CAST) and students taking the course "Introduction to Creativity, the Arts and Social Transformation"-- as they share artistic interpretations of stories about people different from themselves. Witness new works by Marcelo Brociner '19, LaShawn Simmons '19, Bronte Velez '16 and others. Learn about this exciting new minor and be delighted by whimsical caricatures, elaborate architectural models, live performances of music and dance, and more! Learn about study abroad opportunities related to CAST.
- A Womyn Conjured, one-womyn show by Queen White '16, SCC MPR, 5 pm.
- Brandeis Early Music Ensemble, Bethlehem Chapel, 7 pm.
- Playback Theatre featuring Amanda Ehrman '18, Leah Nadelman '18, Sindy Sura '19, Kelyn Zhang '19, Yair Koas '19, Shaquan McDowell '18, and Eli Kengmana '19. Chum's, 8 pm.
- Shoes On, Shoes Off -- original dance theater from the Theater Arts Department featuring Andrew Child ‘19, Josh Rubenstein ‘19, Hannah Mogavero ‘16, Sara Kenney ‘18, Sarai Warsoff ’16, Joy Liebman ‘16, Caley Chase ’16, Sam Rose Laney ’16, Kelyn Zhang ’19, Lilia Shrayfer ’18, and Richard (Zhi) Li ’18. Slosberg Theater Center, 8 pm.
- One-act plays directed by Dylan Hoffman '18 and Mira Kessler '16, featuring Emily Galloway '18, Emma Cyr '19, Remony Pearlman '19, Talia Bornstein '19 and Daniel Souza '19. Mandel Center for Humanities, 8:30 pm.
SATURDAY April 16 - highlights
- Brandeis Folk Festival, produced by Too Cheap for Instruments with food for sale from Brandeis Farmers' Club. Noon-5:30, Great Lawn.
- Moving Voice, 2-6 pm, a campuswide, multi-location performance curated by Joshua Rubenstein ’19, Ayelet Schrek '17, and Nate Shaffer ’16.
- Guerilla Opera performs short works by Ernest Ling '16, Anne Kat Alexander '18 and Raphael Stigliano '18. Plus Culture X and Boris' Kitchen!
SUPER SUNDAY! April 17 - Performances and activities all afternoon
- Music from the Sephardic tradition by the Guy Mendilow Ensemble, 2 pm, SCC Theater
- Shakespeare on Demand, Knighthorse Theatre Company, 3 pm, SCC
- Artist/activist Rick Lowe of Houston on how art can transform a community, 3 pm, Pollack
- School of HONK with TOXIC and Boston Hoop Troop, 4 pm, Great Lawn
Check out other events at the International Center for Ethics, Justice and Public Life