Phone Numbers and Local Hospitals
For on-campus emergencies, call 6-3333.
Public Safety will send an officer and, when school is in session, the Brandeis Emergency Medical Corps (BEMCo) to assist you.
For off-campus emergency, Call 911.
Local Emergency Departments
2014 Washington St.
Open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
Reasons to go to the Emergency Room-LIFE THREATENING INJURY OR ILLNESS
- Sexual violence
- Severe shortness of breath
- Loss of consciousness/change in consciousness/seizure
- Sudden, severe pain (abdominal, chest, head) which is not relieved with over the counter medication.
- A major injury
- Bleeding that does not stop after 10 minutes of direct pressure, or a deep cut which may need stitches in order to stop the bleeding.
- Poisoning or overdose
- Severe or worsening allergic reaction, especially if breathing is difficult
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
- Severe vaginal bleeding
Conditions for which you could call the Health Center for an appointment:
- Fever which goes down with Tylenol or aspirin
- Sore throat, colds, cough, earache
- Minor cuts or burns
- Skin rash
- Mild nausea with vomiting or diarrhea without fever
- Mild burning or irritation on urination
- Chronic joint or muscle pain/strain
- Non life threatening conditions
You may enlist the advice of our on-call clinician by calling 781-239-1948.