Log In Now

begin job search now

 From on campus
 From off campus

Personal Information

IMPORTANT: At this time, students do not have access to “Personal Information” using the BUSS system. If you are a student and need to update your address on file within the payroll system, please contact the Office of Student Employment at x63700 or at sfs@brandeis.edu.

To access all personal information, navigate to:

  1. https://buss.brandeis.edu (from off campus, http://wormhole.brandeis.edu and click on "BUSS")
  2. Login to BUSS with your UNet ID and password

Review Personal Information

  1. Under "Personal Information," click "Personal Information Summary," make changes where appropriate
  2. You cannot edit gender, date of birth and/or ethnicity. For assistance with these changes please email hris@brandeis.edu
Back to Top

Home and Mailing Address

"Home address" is where you live. "Mailing address" is where official university mailings, including W-2 forms, are sent. In most cases, these are the same. Campus e-mail addresses, which are used for university communications, may not be changed.

Note: When entering a U.S. address, you must fill in the following fields, at a minimum:

  • Address 1
  • City
  • State
  • Postal Code

To update a home or mailing address:

  1. Go to "Personal Information," click "Home/Mailing Address."
  2. Click "Edit" button at end of row.
  3. Enter updates in the appropriate fields.
  4. The changes take effect immediately, unless otherwise requested.  To select a different date, click "On This Date" and enter the appropriate information. The new address will not display online until the date of the effective change. 
  5. Click the "Save" button.
  6. You will receive an e-mail confirming the change.
Back to Top

Phone Numbers

Phone Numbers

You may add or update your home and cell-phone numbers. Only one of each type is allowed. Your campus number is display only.

  1. Sign on to BUSS with your UNet ID and password.
  2. Click the "Phone Numbers" link.
  3. To add a number, click the "Add a Phone Number" button. 
  4. Indicate the type of number (cell or home) you are providing by selecting the appropriate option in the drop-down menu.
  5. Enter the phone number, including area code, in the "Telephone" field. To change an existing number, override with the new number.
  6. Select a preferred number (home or cell).
  7. Click the "Save" button.
Back to Top

Emergency Contacts

Please provide the name of at least one person to contact in the event of an emergency. If you provide more than one contact, indicate your primary contact.

To add emergency contact information:

  1. Click the "Emergency Contacts" link.
  2. Click the "Add an Emergency Contact" button.
  3. Enter your contact's name in the "Contact Name" field.
  4. Click on the "Relationship to Employee" field, and select from the drop-down list.
  5. Provide the contact's address and phone number. If your emergency contact has the same address and phone number as you do, check the box at the beginning of the "Address" area.
  6. To add other phone numbers for your contact:
  • Click the "Add Phone Number" button.
  • Select the type from the "Phone Type" drop-down list.
  • Enter the number in the "Phone Number" field.

     7.   Click the "Save" button.

To change emergency contact information:

  1. Click the "Emergency Contacts" link.
  2. Click the "Edit" button to the right of the contact name you wish to update.
  3. Update the information.
  4. Click the "Save" button.

To change your primary emergency contact:

By default, the first emergency contact that you enter into the system is your primary emergency contact. To indicate another contact as your primary emergency contact:

  1. Click the "Emergency Contacts" link.
  2. Click the box next to your new primary contact and uncheck the box next to your old primary contact.
  3. Click the "Save" button.

Back to Top

Name Changes

Name changes are reviewed, approved and finalized by the payroll office. The name must match the name on record with the Social Security Administration. To submit a request:

  1. Sign on to BUSS with your UNet ID and password.
  2. Click the "Name Change" link.
  3. Click "Edit Name."
  4. Enter your new name in the appropriate fields. At a minimum, you must provide your first and last name.
  5. Click "Ok".
  6. Click the "Submit" button.

NOTE: The name change will appear online and on your paycheck once your request has been reviewed and approved. You will also receive an e-mail regarding the status of your request.

Back to Top