Transcripts in Workday Student are now live! Students can now use Workday to request unofficial and official transcripts. Please visit the Registrar's website for information about ordering transcripts, and please see the Request Transcript Job Aid to learn more about the process. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Workday@Brandeis Program is excited to announce that Brandeis will be moving many student-related activities from Sage to Workday Student. Workday Student will launch in phases starting in fall 2020 through fall 2021. Brandeis moved all business, finance, and human resource functions to Workday in summer 2019 and with the addition of Workday Student, Brandeis is at the forefront of modernization as the landscape of higher education and technology continues to evolve.
Introducing Workday Student
- Faculty will use Workday Student to enter and change final grades, find course schedules, check enrollments, view class rosters, view information about advisees, and more.
- Students will use Workday Student to view and manage personal information, register for classes, add or drop classes, view class schedule and grades, view financial aid, and more.
- Staff (with appropriate access) will use Workday Student to find student information, view degree progress, review student financial accounts, view and manage holds, and more.
The Workday Student Project objectives are as follows:
- Improve service and experience for students
- Simplify and standardize processes
- Eliminate paper and forms where feasible and sensible
- Increase and improve self-service capability for University members
- Provide consistent information
- Enable faculty and staff to have efficient access to functions and data
- Improve workflow and productivity
- Reduce costs associated with support of multiple systems
Work on the Workday Student implementation began in late 2019. Functions will "go live" in phases, also known as milestones, occurring over the next year. Here is a summary of the phased rollout:
- Fall 2020: implement foundational academic structure to build academic programs, courses and calendars to prepare for future phases. These changes will primarily be used by central administrative offices like the Registrar’s Office and a small subset of users.
- Spring (April-June) 2021: students will begin to manage personal information such as names, pronouns, addresses, emergency contacts in Workday Student. Introduce class registration and advising functionality that will replace SAGE as the system of record. Students will begin to have access to Workday Student to view class schedules, register for classes, and utilize other academic advising features for their program of study. Faculty and academic services staff will begin to use Workday Student for advising functions.
- Summer 2021: rollout of student financial-related activities. Student Financial Services will use Workday Student to manage the overall financial aid lifecycle.
- Fall 2021: All Workday Student features will go live for faculty, staff and students for the 2021-22 academic year. This will include students’ access to viewing their grades, transcripts, and graduation tasks.