The Office of Planning and Institutional Research (OPIR) was established in 2010, uniting under one umbrella the functions of strategic and integrated planning, physical planning, institutional research, and enterprise risk management. OPIR is an expression of Brandeis University's commitment to the belief that these functions are inextricably related and are best carried out when the multiple perspectives of these functions freely inform each other.
OPIR is responsible for providing university leadership with information to support institutional planning, policy formation and analysis, and decision-making. The Office of Planning and Institutional Research provides or oversees:
- senior-level staff support for strategic planning
- campus planning and physical planning, including facilities planning through schematic design
- institutional research and decision support services
- enterprise risk management
- internal and external data reporting