For More Information
Refer to the Bulletin's "business" section for the most up-to-date information on requirements for the major, minor and for course descriptions.
Visit the Course Schedule for the latest course offerings in the business program.
Requirements for the Minor
The business minor requires six courses:
- Survey of Economics (ECON 2a) or Introduction to Microeconomics (Econ 10a) gives you a conceptual foundation in economics.
- Financial Accounting (BUS 6a) gives you the tools you need to analyze business data.
- Functions of the Capitalist Enterprise (BUS 10a) introduces the most important functions in a business and the roles of business in society.
- One non-ECON, Business and Society course: refer to the "Thematic Electives in Business and Society" section of the requirement sheet.
- Any one business course, numbered above BUS 10a (excluding BUS 89a, and BUS 98a).
- One Business & Society elective (including ECON courses), or one Business Administration elective, or BUS 89a and 98a.
Note: No course with a final grade below C, and no course taken pass/fail, can count toward fulfilling the requirements for the minor in Business.
The business minor is closely associated with the International Business School.
Students in the business minor participate in the life of the International Business School, which administers the program in cooperation with the College of Arts and Sciences. IBS professors teach undergraduate business courses, and students in the program regularly attend events and talks at the graduate school.
Undergraduates enroll in graduate IBS courses when appropriate.
Students may choose from two options to continue their studies in Business at the Brandeis International Business School
The BA/MBA dual degree program allows Brandeis graduates with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree to complete the IBS MBA at an accelerated pace, and without a break in their studies. IBS offers this dual degree in cooperation with the School of Arts and Sciences (A&S) at Brandeis. Students will complete their BA or BS in one of the majors offered by A&S before enrolling in the MBA program at IBS.
Students may apply for the program in or after their senior year at Brandeis.
Or students may choose to pursue a combined B.A./M.A. program. In their junior year, undergraduates interested in business may apply to enter the B.A./M.A. program. In this program, you enroll in the graduate school in your fourth year at Brandeis and receive the master of international economics and finance degree after your fifth year. This course of study can also include a semester at one of the more than 20 business partner schools abroad.