Preparing for Travel
Start planning at least one month ahead!
Contact your insurance company to verify plan benefits and referral requirements.
For your appointment:
- bring copies of your most up to date immunization records (if not already on file),
- a detailed copy of your itinerary,
- your yellow book if you have one from past international travel.
International travel information and recommended and required vaccinations are available at Brandeis Health Center.
Call 781-736-3677 to set up an appointment with a provider.
IF YOU ARE PART OF A GROUP TRAVELING FROM THE SCHOOL PLEASE HAVE A GROUP REPRESENTATIVE CALL TO SET UP A GROUP MEETING! This is the most efficient way for the health center clinicians to share information relevant to your destination site and to plan for the the necessary individual vaccinations following the group interview/discussion.
Most insurers do not cover preventive travel medicines and immunizations. Some may reimburse. We recommend you check your plan benefits. We can provide receipts which may be submitted for reimbursement as applicable. We recommend that you schedule your travel visit at least a month before departure.
These services can also be obtained at other facilities.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Brookline, MA, (617) 632-7706
- Suite GB (Basement) Lowry Building, 110 Francis Street, Boston Ma 02215
- M-F 8:30-4:00 Please schedule at least 1 month before your departure
- Mount Auburn Travel Center, 1 (617) 499-5757
- 330 Mount Auburn St. Cambridge, MA 02138
- Mass General Hospital, Boston, MA, (866) 211-6588
- 55 Fruit St., Cox Building 5th Fl., Boston, MA
- Passport Health, 1(877-358-8648
- Locations in Woburn and Cambridge
- Doctors Express Waltham 1 (781) 894-6900
- 1030 Main Street Waltham, MA 02451
- Kadre Health Solutions 1-(781) 449-8900
- 220 Reservoir St., unit #8, Needham MA 02494
CDC Travel information Web site.