Preparing for Travel
Start planning at least one month ahead!
Contact your insurance company to verify plan benefits and referral requirements.
For your appointment:
- bring copies of your most up to date immunization records (if not already on file),
- a detailed copy of your itinerary,
- your yellow book if you have one from past international travel.
International travel information, including required and recommended immunizations and medications, is available at the Health Center.
Call 781-736-3677 to set up an appointment with a provider to talk about your trip and the necessary immunizations. IF YOU ARE PART OF A GROUP TRAVELING FROM THE SCHOOL PLEASE HAVE A GROUP REPRESENTATIVE CALL TO SET UP A GROUP MEETING. This is the most efficient way for the health center clinicians to share information relevent to your destination site and to plan for the the necessary individual vaccinations following the group interview/discussion.
Most insurers do not cover preventive travel medicines and immunizations. Some may reimburse. We recommend you check your plan benefits.
These services can also be obtained at other facilities.
- U.S. Public Health Service Station, Logan Airport,1 (617) 568-6500
- Concentra Health, 1 Harborside Dr., Boston MA 02128
- Walk -in M-F 6 am- 7 pm Sat/Sun 10-4
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Brookline, MA, (617) 278-8100
- 1 Brookline Place, Suite 623, Brookline, MA 02445
- Dr. Leonard Marcus, Wellesley, MA, (617) 527-4003
- Mount Auburn Travel Center, 1 (617) 499-5757
- 330 Mount Auburn St. Cambridge, MA 02138
- Mass General Hospital, Boston, MA, (866) 211-6588
- 55 Fruit St., Cox Building 5th Fl., Boston, MA
- Passport Health, 1(617) 418-3675
- Locations in Woburn, Cambridge, Framingham, and Marlborough
CDC Travel information Web site.