Medical and Disability Needs in Residence and Dining Halls

Brandeis undergraduates live in residential halls that reinforce class year identity and community. Students who have housing requests based on medical, psychological or disability needs are invited to communicate their needs, and will either receive a specific room assignment or be provided with guidance for how to select housing that will meet their needs. Because students move through different building configurations throughout their four years, need-based housing must be requested and approved each year.


Meeting students' medical and disability needs in the residence halls occurs within the context of the campus-wide housing process for all students.

Students who wish to receive housing must indicate in MyHousing their intention to participate in campus housing. Deadlines and more information about general campus housing can be found on the Department of Community Living website.

Requests and documentation that are submitted after the deadlines still receive consideration; however, the process will be delayed and options for housing assignments may be more constrained.

Housing Accommodation Request Forms

Medical/Disability Dietary Needs

Most students with medical/disability dietary needs can be provided for under customary operations in the dining halls (with proper signage, preparation, special stations). These students can work successfully with the Dining Services management and dietitian.