Ombuds Are Here For You
Members of the Ombuds staff are available both in-person and virtually as a confidential, independent, impartial, and informal resource for all members of the Brandeis community including undergraduates and graduate students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
In our role as ombuds, we support the dignity, well-being, and safety of each person who visits us by providing a safe space to talk confidentially and off the record about difficult situations and offering conflict resolution support.
We are an outlet to process any type of challenging situation and a bridge to navigate campus resources. We serve as a coach to help, support, and empower you.
As ombuds, we:
- listen, providing a respectful, and safe place for visitors to discuss issues
- help individuals to fully understand their concerns and consider all appropriate options
- identify and share University policies and processes
- advocate for fair process
- make referrals to campus departments or outside resources
- conduct informal conflict resolution through varied processes that meet all participants’ needs, including but not limited to helping visitors consider all options for reaching acceptable solutions of their choosing, coaching visitors on self-help techniques, and facilitating difficult conversations
- provide feedback on trends to support Brandeis’ work to create an inclusive community
Our seasoned Ombuds team includes Don Greenstein, who is a reformed lawyer, bringing over 30 years of conflict resolution process and education experience, Esther Lin, who is a former litigator and has over a decade of experience handling a broad range of disputes, including workplace conflicts, employment discrimination, and complex business issues, and Mike Rozinsky, who holds a Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution at UMass Boston and brings over 20 years of organizational development, conflict management, change readiness and management experience to our team.
We are available during the academic year and during the summer to meet with visitors in-person or remotely by phone or Zoom. To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com. You can also reach us by calling the confidential Ombuds Office phone line at (781) 736-2265. We are the place to go when you don’t know where to go!