Ernest ParkSamaria Dellorso
Jigme Dolma Dorji
Email the Coordinators
Brandeis Buddies partners with Opportunities for Inclusion to allow student volunteers to engage with participants with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a wide variety of fun activities ranging from arts and crafts to karaoke and beyond. These student volunteers also have the opportunity to participate in advocacy work that helps to educate both themselves, the Brandeis community, and the greater Waltham community.
Brandeis Buddies seeks to build friendships between Brandeis student volunteers and adults with developmental disabilities who work on campus. Through recreational and social activities such as crafts, games, events with other clubs, and open dialogue, Brandeis Buddies works to increase awareness of disabilities and to bridge the gap between those with and without disabilities. The program occurs on and off the Brandeis campus.
- Population Served: Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Community Partners: Opportunities for Inclusion
- Transportation: Thursday program: On campus at Ridgewood Commons (no transportation provided) Tuesday program: Brandeis Buddies BranVan transportation to and from off-campus OFI building
- How to Participate: Attend program once a week, either on Tuesday (off-campus) or Thursday (on-campus) and engage with any advocacy work we may do outside of program.
- Volunteer Time Commitment: 1 hour a week