Health and Safety
Last updated: January 22, 2021 at 12:17 PM
As we plan for another robust in-person semester, our community's health, safety and well-being is our highest priority. Our current protocols and procedures follow guidance provided by the city of Waltham, Middlesex County, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the federal government. After a successful in-person experience in the fall semester, we’ve learned that these protocols were effective in minimizing overall COVID-19 cases and mitigating any on-campus transmission.
Before Coming to Campus
You must complete the three required steps before coming to campus:
Students, faculty and staff will adhere to required health and safety guidelines established by the university and the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Each of us has a personal and shared responsibility to create a safe and healthy environment to protect ourselves and those around us.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
The following violations of Brandeis’ health and safety policies will result in immediate referral to the appropriate authority to be addressed, and may result in extensive restrictions from living on or coming to campus:
- Missing more than one scheduled COVID-19 test.
- Failure by a student to submit the Daily Health Assessment every day the student visits or lives on campus
- Violation of orders to quarantine or isolate as required by a healthcare provider.
- Failure to wear facial coverings as designated.
Failure to adhere to distancing and density requirements.
These and other serious violations will be reported to the appropriate authority, including the Dean of Students Office. Students should not attempt to access university facilities without a yellow or green Campus Passport.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff may not come to campus and access university facilities, however briefly, without a green or yellow Campus Passport. These violations are subject to disciplinary actions in accordance with the Brandeis Campus Scaling Up Guide & Policy.
To comply with health and safety requirements, prior to coming on campus, all faculty and staff must:
- Have completed the required training;
- Pass the Daily Health Assessment found in the Campus Passport portal; and
- Participate in our free COVID-19 testing program, according to the frequency with which you visit campus. If you only come to campus on rare occasions to visit a facility, such as the Library or Gosman, you will need to schedule a test for the day you are coming to campus and take the test that day.
A green or yellow passport signifies successful compliance with these requirements and must be shown to Campus Passport monitors to access university facilities. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Personal Behavior and Health Measures
Below you will find information about some of the expectations of Brandeis students, faculty, and staff.