COVID Guidance for Faculty and Staff
Last updated: September 6, 2023
If you've tested positive for COVID
Brandeis faculty and staff are no longer required to submit their positive COVID test results to the Brandeis Contact Tracing Program (BCTP).
If you have any medical or health related concerns, please contact your primary care provider.
If you have any questions about Brandeis COVID policies, procedures, or return to work please contact Occupational Health.
If you believe you may have exposed another member of the Brandeis community, please notify them of their possible COVID exposure.
An exposure is defined as being less than 6 feet away from an infected person (laboratory-confirmed or a clinical diagnosis) for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period. For example, three individual 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes.
Isolate off campus for a minimum of 5 days from a positive test. The day you test positive or have an onset of symptoms counts as “Day 0”, so it’s really 6 days in total. After 5 days, if the symptoms have significantly improved or resolved, the individual may return to work, provided they are masked at all times while around others through day 10.
- The CDC recommends that people who are moderately or severely immunocompromised should isolate through at least day 20, with specific guidance from a health care professional. Use of serial testing and consultation with an infectious disease specialist or primary care physician is recommended in these patients prior to ending isolation.
If you've been exposed to someone with COVID-19
Regardless of your vaccination status or if you have had a previous infection, if you were exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention recommends you take the following next steps.
After Being Exposed to COVID-19:
- Wear a high quality mask as soon as you find out you were exposed until 10 days post exposure.
- Watch for symptoms and contact your Primary Care Provider with any health questions or concerns.
- Get tested - if you become symptomatic and/or at least 5 full days after your last exposure.
- Day 0 is the day of your last exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Day 1 is the first full day after your last exposure.
- Open Enrollment 2024
- Who We Are
- Careers at Brandeis
- Total Rewards Philosophy for Staff
- Employee Benefits
- University Policies and Procedures
- Health, Well-Being, and Safety Resources
Resources for Current Employees
- Calendar of Events
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Employee Recognition
- Employment and Income Verification
- Fraudulent Unemployment Claims
- Managers' Resources
- Talent Advancement Program
- Annual Staff Salary Increase Program
- Training and Professional Development
- Vaccination Clinics for Faculty and Staff
- Resources for New Employees
- Contact Us