It’s important for every member of the Brandeis community to be aware of how they feel every day and complete the Daily Health Assessment before they come to campus or leave their on-campus residence.
Specifically, everyone needs to be aware of any COVID-19 symptoms, which include one or more of the following:
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, please take the following steps:
- On-campus students should remain in, or immediately return to and remain in their rooms. On-campus students living in doubles should contact DCL to temporarily be assigned a single by DCL.
- Contact the Health Center to schedule a telephone appointment with a health care provider. The provider will help coordinate your care and treatment. Each report of symptoms will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the Health Center.
- Off-campus students who develop symptoms should not come to campus, or if already on campus, return home.
- You may call the Health Center to access care at the Health Center, or pursue care through your healthcare provider.
Faculty and Staff
- Do not come to campus.
- Notify your immediate supervisor of your absence and report your illness symptoms to the Brandeis Occupational Health Specialist at 781-736-8757.
- Contact your health care provider to schedule a test and to coordinate your care and treatment.
- To return to campus, you must obtain and provide the Brandeis Occupational Health Specialist with written documentation from your health care provider that you are not infected with COVID-19.
Official notice that you can return to campus will be sent via email from the Occupational Health Specialist. You cannot return to campus unless you’ve received this notification.