*2023 Annual Electrical Shutdown - August 12 & 13th (6am - 8pm)
- Saturday, August 12th - Chiller Plant, Kosow, Crown Center, Usdan, & Fosteer Bio.
- Sunday, August 13th - Rosenstiel, Edison Lecks, & Shapiro Science Center
Facilities Services consists of more than 150 employees and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all university-owned buildings and grounds.
Your feedback is important to us. Please take our quick survey.Service Level Agreement for a detailed explanation.
- We provide emergency and necessary services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Operating under the umbrella of Campus Planning & Operations, our team of employees is responsible for construction, operation and maintenance of all university-owned buildings, utilities and grounds as well as custodial and cleaning services.
- The University maintains 100 buildings throughout 235 acres in Waltham. In addition to day-to-day repair, the department is responsible for overseeing yearly renovations and planning new construction projects.
Quality Control / Assurance Accolades
Facilities Services is dedicated to achieving excellence in all of our areas of responsibility. One way to ensure this is through our building and ground’s quality reviews which are selected at random.
Below is a list of buildings and grounds that were highlighted for their excellence this month. Please thank your Custodians and Grounds Technicians when you see them!