Facilities Administration consists of more than 150 employees and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all university-owned buildings and grounds.
Your feedback is important to us. Please take our quick survey.
- We provide emergency and necessary services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Operating under the umbrella of Campus Planning & Operations, our team of employees is responsible for construction, operation and maintenance of all university-owned buildings, utilities and grounds as well as custodial and cleaning services.
- The University maintains 100 buildings throughout 235 acres in Waltham. In addition to day-to-day repair, the department is responsible for overseeing yearly renovations and planning new construction projects.
Quality Control / Assurance Accolades
Facilities Services is dedicated to achieving excellence in all of our areas of responsibility. One way to ensure this is through our building and ground’s quality reviews which are selected at random.
Below is a list of buildings and grounds that were highlighted for their excellence this month. Please thank your Custodians and Grounds Technicians when you see them!
- Charles River 111
- Charles River 114
- Sacher IBS
- Lemberg IBS
- Linsey Pool
- Main Entrance to Campus
- Charles River & J Lot
- ASAC, Heller & Back of Mandel
- Rabb, Kutz & Outside of North Quad
- Usdan & Skyline
- Front of Library
- Pearlman, Schwartz, between Library & Usdan
- East Quad & Parking Lot
- Science Parking Lot, Foster & Crown
- Castle Stairs Hill East of Usdan
- Fellows Garden & Edison Lecks Courtyard
- Rosenthal Quad, Gzang Courtyard & Feldberg
- Rose Art
- 567 South Street
Note: Not all Brandeis University buildings receive monthly quality reviews and not every space within the building is within the scope of the inspection.
Please help us congratulate all of our 2022 Outstanding Employees:
2022 Outstanding Employees
- Ivonne Gonzalez – Custodian
- Ronald Herrera – Custodian
- Santos Lopez – Custodian
- Steven Smith – Custodian
- Maritza Jovel – Custodian
- Dora Matute – Custodian
- James Morgan – Locksmith
- Nicholas Gangi – Electrician
- Yonathan Haile – HVAC
- Orlando Santiago – Groundskeeper
- Paul Troiani – Plumber
- Dennis French – Heat Plan Engineer
2022 Outstanding Teams
- Filter Information Collection Team – Continuous Improvement
- William Fitzgerald
- Anthony Mantia
- Plant Shut Down / Valve Install
- Jim Smith
- Dennis French
- Donald French
- Library Floor – Great Emergency Response
- Roel Yanes
- Javier Sandoval
- Adrian Valladares
- Luis German
- Ronald Herrera
- Dolores Pena
2022 Outstanding Facilities Administration Partners
- Laurel Carpenter – Anthropology Dept Senior Administrator
- Adam McKenna – Application Administrator, ITS
- Andy Finn – Environmental Health and Safety