The Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
The Ford Dissertation Fellowship provides one year of support for graduate students working to complete their PhD or Sc.D dissertations. The Fellowship is intended to support the final year of writing and defense of the dissertation. Awards are made to students who have demonstrated superior academic achievement, are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level, show promise for future achievement, and are well prepared to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
The Academic Fellowships Team is here to support you through all steps of the application process. If you are interested in connecting with us to learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US citizens, US national, and US permanent resident, or DACA students
- Evidence of superior academic achievement
- Must be committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the US
- Enrolled in a dissertation-required PhD program
- Will complete dissertation in a period of 9-12 months during the 2023-2024 academic year, but no later than Fall 2024
- Individuals who, by Dec. 9, 2022, have completed all departmental and institutional requirements for their degree, except for writing and defense of the dissertation
- Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time, in any field
- National Deadline: Dec. 8, 2022
- Ford Dissertation Fellows receive a $28,000 stipend for 1 year.
- An invitation to attend the Conference of Ford Fellows.
- Access to Ford Fellow Regional Liaisons — a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current Fellows — and access to other networking resources.