Rabb School History
The Rabb School of Continuing Studies was named after Norman S. and Eleanor E. Rabb, in recognition for over four decades of support the Rabb family has given to Brandeis and its community. Norman Rabb was a founding trustee of the University, and he served on the Board of Trustees beginning in 1948 and as its chair from 1961 to 1967. Eleanor was a life member of the Brandeis National Committee, which has supported the Brandeis Libraries since its founding.
Originally hosting a summer school program for undergraduate students, the Rabb School has grown to four distinct divisions that embrace continuous lifelong learning regardless of a student’s age. Throughout the summer and the academic year, our students are diverse. They include working professionals enrolled in online part-time graduate degree programs, Brandeis undergraduates and undergraduates from other schools taking courses for credit, high school students engaged in summer residential experiences, and a diverse community of mature adult learners taking non-credit enrichment courses.