Title IV Cancellation

If you have been awarded a federal, private or parent student loan (for example, Federal Direct Stafford or PLUS), you have a right to cancel all or a portion of your loan or loan disbursement. To do so, please submit a written request to: Office of Student Financial Services, Brandeis University, Mailstop 027, 415 South St, Waltham, MA 02453-2728 or e-mail sfs@brandeis.edu.

A request for loan cancellation or adjustment must be made before the end of the academic year or prior to leaving school—whichever comes first—and must state which loan(s) and what amount(s) you wish to cancel. Cancellation of your awarded student loan(s) will most likely create a balance due on your account. This balance would be due and payable upon receipt of the statement.