Presence/Zoom IntegrationThe Presence/Zoom integration feature allows attendees to easily join Zoom events via clubs' event listings on Presence simply by clicking on "Join on Zoom." It also allows club administrators to easily see the list of attendees after the event.
Step 1: Create Your Event In Zoom
The first step will be to create your event in Zoom so you can generate the Zoom meeting link that will be placed in the Location field of your event! Note: All users hosting events will need to be a part of the Brandeis Zoom:
After logging in to Zoom, click the button to schedule a meeting. Here are a few tips for creating a meeting that will work with the Zoom integration!
- Topic: Use the name of the Presence Event in the "Topic" line of your Zoom meeting. This will make finding the correct corresponding meeting much easier!
- When: Enter the time of date of your event. This should match the information that you'll be entering into Presence.
- Recurring Meeting: Do NOT check this box. Recurring meetings are not supported and will not import your attendees.
- Meeting ID: Be sure to select "Generate Automatically". Do NOT use the PMI option! PMIs are not supported and will not import your attendees.
- Security: Passcodes are optional and can be used with the Zoom integration! Waiting rooms are also an optional selection you can select if you wish!
Step 2: Incorporating Zoom Into Your Presence Event
The next step is event creation! From the left navigation menu, click on Create, then choose Event:
Events can be created as far in advance as you like. Brandeis’ Event Registration form has been customized and may look different than the screenshots below. To use the Zoom integration, we’ll just need to focus on the “Location” field.
Enter the Zoom meeting link in the Location field. You’ll want to choose the meeting link that is specific for this event. Using a unique Zoom meeting link will be essential to the importing process. After inputting the date and time, place your unique Zoom link into the Location field:
Once your event has been created, your participants will be able to click on the "Join on Zoom" button right on the event. Attendees will be prompted to sign in to the Zoom account that is associated with their Brandeis email address.
No, really! You’re all done! When the virtual meeting ends, Zoom provides Presence with a list of your event attendees. Presence will process that information and add the attendees to your event without any additional steps needed on your part. Once you have your list of attendees, you can email them for feedback, export them to a spreadsheet, even invite them to join your organization!
Best Practices For A Smooth Attendee Import
Attendees will be prompted to sign in to Zoom as they join your virtual meeting. At the conclusion of your event, Zoom shares that list of attendees with Presence and we use that list to build an attendee list for your event. A few things to note:
- Presence will match the attendees’ Brandeis email addresses with active users in the system.
- Any email address that cannot be linked to an active presence profile will be marked as a guest. Guests will be listed on the imported attendee list provided Guest Check-In is enabled on your campus and the event settings permit Guest Check-In.
- If you have limited attendee check-in to “members only”, please note that only members of your organization will be added to the attendee list.
- Using a unique Zoom link for each event will help to ensure a seamless attendee upload. Events linked to a PMI (a reusable Personal Meeting ID) will not automatically import a list of attendees into Presence.
- Be sure to tag your Zoom event as Virtual so that potential attendees can search for and find your events in Presence.