Student Production Services
Student Production Services (SPS) is a student run organization that provides free sound and lighting equipment and expertise to undergraduate student clubs and organizations. We are dedicated to providing friendly and knowledgeable production technicians, free of cost, to create high-quality, lighting and sound setups for Brandeis University undergraduate events.
Please request our services at least two weeks prior to your event as dates can fill up quickly. We cannot guarantee that we can work every event nor will our equipment be suitable for all occasions.
You must be a member of a Undergraduate Student Union recognized student club to request SPS for your events. SPS is not available for individual, private, or outside events. If you would like professionally-trained sound technicians for graduate student organization or department events, please contact Conference and Events.
We're Hiring for Fall 2021!
No experience is necessary
We are currently hiring for fall 2021. We plan to have some orientation and training sessions this semester, however, hours during this semester will be minimal Wage Rate: $13.50/hour.
Purpose: Work independently with minimal supervision from Department of Student Activities to set-up and run audio/visual equipment for variety of events and programs sponsored by Brandeis University clubs and organizations.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Ability to work well with others especially in a customer service mindset
• Ability to be a self-starter
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Previous experience working with sound and lighting highly desirable
• Van certification or interest in becoming van certified is desired.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Meeting with clubs and organizations when needed to determine production needs
• Providing, setting-up, running, breaking-down appropriate equipment (including large speaker set-ups, lighting, 24-channel sound board) for dress rehearsals and events sponsored by clubs and organizations
• Maintenance and inventory of production equipment
• Assisting in appropriate use of production equipment
• Other duties as assigned.
- French 49 songs, 2 hours 54 minutes
- Latin 34 songs, 2 hours 8 minutes
- Classical Music 29 songs, 2 hours 31 minutes
- Classic Rock 51 songs, 4 hours
- Electronic Tango 51 songs, 3 hours 50 minutes
- RAVE it up 59 songs, 3 hours 20 minutes
- Defiant and Rebellious
- Epic Tale
- Rainy Days
- House Wreckers
- Film Scores & Soundtracks 22 songs, 5 hours 44 minutes
- Chicago: The Motion Picture
- Hamilton: The Musical
- La La Land
- Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Rent: The Motion Picture
- The Phantom of the Opera: The Motion Picture