Tips & Tricks
If you don't want to wait for your W-2 to be mailed, you can log into Workday and print your W-2. To access your electronic W-2, follow these steps:
- Log on to Workday.
- From the home page, click the Pay application, then select Tax Documents.
- Click View/Print. It may take a minute to process the request. (A ‘Notify Me Later’ box will appear which gives you the option to retrieve your electronic document from your Workday notifications.)
- When your W-2 loads, you can choose to Download PDF or Print the PDF using the icons from the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
If you did not opt-out for the print version of your W-2, we will mail a paper copy to your mailing address on file in Workday. It will be postmarked and mailed no later than Jan. 31, 2020.
Review your W-2
Please review your W-2 and report any errors to email@example.com. Check your Social Security Number, the spelling of your name, etc. Please remember, your W-2 contains your taxable earnings, not your gross earnings.
If you have any questions, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log into Workday.
- From the Home screen, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click My Account, then Change Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Background Notification Preferences section.
- Next to the Notification Type that you would like to change, click the box under Send Notification via Channels and open the options using the prompt button.
- Select the frequency you would like to receive notifications as follows:
- Immediate Email - Notifications delivered immediately to your @brandeis email
- Daily Digest Email - Email digest with all tasks will be sent to your @brandeis email at 12:00PM ET
- Click OK, and then Done.
- Log into Workday.
From the Home screen, select the Personal Information icon from the list of Applications.
Select Preferred Name in the Change column.
De-select the “Use Legal Name as Preferred Name” checkbox.
Edit the Name fields as applicable.
When complete, click Submit.
Alert and Error messages will appear at the top portion of the page in Workday. They typically identify the specific field or fields where the information is missing, entered incorrectly, or in conflict with a rule established by Brandeis within Workday. But, what do they mean?
- Alerts: orange alert warnings are "soft" alerts to a potential problem, but the task can still be completed.
- Errors: red error alerts display when the system will not allow you to continue until you have fixed the error.