Graduate Writing Support
NEW for SPRING 2021!
To support graduate student writers across the three graduate schools at Brandeis, the University Writing Center offers several programs in addition to our consultations. These programs aim to help meet the unique writing needs of graduate students but also support the development of strong writing habits and professional skills. This programming additionally aims to build community between students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, and the International Business School through shared writing experiences. The Writing Center’s Spring 2021 graduate programming consists of the following:
- Bi-weekly Graduate Write-in Studio
- Graduate Workshop and Events Series
- Peer-exchange Groups
- Monthly Reading Group
Information on how to participate in each of these programs is listed below. If you have any questions about our graduate writing support programs, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Part resource, part learning hub, and part community, the Writing Center’s Graduate Writing Support programming aims to meet the following objectives:
- Instruct graduate students in the genres and conventions of writing projects common to graduate coursework and requirements
- Instruct graduate students in the genres, conventions, and timelines of writing projects common to professional life in higher education and academia
- Provide individualized feedback for graduate students working on their graduate and professional writing projects
- Foster effective peer-to-peer writing exchange, accountability, and writing groups
- Cultivate a space of retreat from other graduate responsibilities and power networks where graduate students can put their writing and research first
- Cultivate graduate community through shared writing experiences