Services for Graduate Students
Student Accessibility Support (SAS) provides a range of supports to graduate students with disabilities. If at any point you have questions about the accommodations process, please feel free to reach out to Scott Lapinski. He can help you navigate the process or answer any questions you might have. If you are an undergraduate student, please visit our Services for Undergraduate Students page for more information about requesting accommodations.
Disclosing a disability and requesting accommodations are personal decisions. Brandeis does not require you to disclose the existence of a disability, but requesting accommodations does require that you disclose your disability. Be sure to contact SAS as soon as possible to ensure all your accommodations are delivered in a timely manner.
If you are ready to request accommodations, please follow these easy steps:
- Submit your initial request and documentation - Complete the “Initial Accommodation Request - Graduate Students”. If you do not include disability documentation when completing the form, then please contact Scott Lapinski for additional instructions.
- Schedule a meeting - After completing the request form, email Scott Lapinski for a meeting.
- Meet with SAS - Meet with Scott to discuss your personal history and the accommodations you are requesting
After the meeting with Scott Lapinski, SAS will prepare a confidential letter for you to take to each instructor, and will help coordinate other services as necessary.
If you received accommodations at Brandeis during your undergraduate education you are still required to:
- Complete the request form - Complete the Brandeis Undergraduate to Graduate Accommodation Transition - Graduate Students
- Schedule a meeting - Schedule a meeting with Scott Lapinski, the Accessibility Specialist for Graduate Students, to discuss your accommodations in graduate school.
This is a listing of the relevant request forms. All forms are completed online and are confidential.
- Initial Accommodation Request - Graduate Students - This form should be completed by new graduate students who have not previously received accommodations at Brandeis.
- Brandeis Undergraduate to Graduate Accommodation Transition - Graduate Students - This form should be completed by students who have previously received accommodations as a Brandeis undergrad.
Grievance or Appeals Procedure
To initiate a grievance or appeals procedure, the student sends a letter naming the decision s/he wishes to appeal to:Disability Appeals Process Student Accessibility Support Usdan 130, MS 001 Brandeis University 415 South Street Waltham, MA 02453 firstname.lastname@example.org