Requests for Housing based on Disability

Graduate students who anticipate disability needs related to housing should consult with the disability coordinator for their graduate school.

Each graduate school has a limited block of graduate student housing; communicate a disability housing need immediately following admission to your program. 

Graduate Students

students attending an outdoor lecture on lawn

Each of the graduate schools within Brandeis University has a disabilities coordinator who is situated within the network of student services staff, advisers and faculty for that school. Students are encouraged to make contact with the appropriate disabilities coordinator:

Graduate School of Arts and Sciences

Jessica Basile

Heller School of Social Policy and Management

Academic year:
Mary Brooks
(781) 736-2816

Summer months:                   
Doris Breay
(781) 736-2773

Brandeis International Business School

Kate Goldfield
(781) 736-2260

Rabb Summer School and Continuing Studies

Gwenn Smaxwill
(781) 736-3424

Assistive Technology

Adam Lipkin
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4795

Grievance or Appeals Procedure

To initiate a grievance or appeals procedure, the student sends a letter naming the decision s/he wishes to appeal to:

Disability Appeals Process
Disabilities Services and Support
MS 001 / Usdan 130
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02454