Requirements for the Major
In addition to one prerequisite (Introduction to Economics), there are a minimum of 10 courses required for the major. The requirements are summarized below:
Note: You MUST earn a grade of "C" or above to count toward your major in your core and all Business Administration courses. "C-" is the minimum grade you must earn in your Business and Society courses. No courses taken pass/fail will count towards the Business major.
Prerequisite for Entry into Business Courses (one course)
- Survey of Economics (Econ 2a) or Introduction to Microeconomics (Econ 10a) gives you the conceptual foundation that is critical to understanding business.
- Financial Accounting (BUS 6a)
- Functions of the Capitalist Enterprise (BUS 10a)
- Organizational Behavior in Business (BUS 120a or PSYC 150b)
- Marketing Management (BUS 152a)
- Introduction to Finance (BUS 71a or ECON 171a)
- Quantitative Methods in Business ( BUS 51b) (2 credit course)
- May be exempted by the following quantitative courses: BIOL 51a, ECON 83a, MATH 8a, or PSYC 51a or an appropriate score in AP Statistics.
Electives in the Field of Business and Society (two courses)
Two courses from arts and science departments covering themes such as:
- Communications, Commerce, Culture
- Environment, Health and Social Policy
- Law and Government
Electives in the Field of Business Administration (three courses)
Three courses in advanced business studies, covering themes such as:
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resources and Leadership
- Innovation and Strategy