The German major requires:
- ECS 100a (European Cultural Studies Proseminar: Modernism)
- GER 103a (What You Always Wanted to Know)
- GER 104a (Let's Talk! Shall We?)
- GER 105a (Learning Language through Literature/Learning Literature through Language)
- Five additional German literature/culture courses above GER 105b (at least two of which must be taken in German).
Massachusetts Teaching Certificate
A student majoring in German may obtain the Massachusetts teaching certificate at the high school level by additionally completing the requirements of the Education Program. Interested students should meet with the program director.